Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 02-24-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
BRalero01

hey guys, i need help getting to the 4x6's up front. i know about the screw behind the reflector, and the 2 under the door handle....i've heard there might be one more? what do i need to do? where do i need to pull? any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:54 PM   #2
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
No, that should be it. Pull along the bottom corners outward and get all the clips out. Then push up and it will come out of the window slit. Might want to use a screwdriver wrapped in a cloth so you dont mess up your paint.
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:58 PM   #3
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #4
greenbastard
GL Member

greenbastard is an unknown quantity at this point
take the 2 screws out from the handle, the one behind the reflector then pull the bottom of your panel off and continue all the way around. for the top just pull up and it will come off. it's easier to do with your window open. when you put it back on just lne the clips up and hit the inside of the door panel on and it's that easy. easier than you think it is...
Old 02-26-2006, 10:28 PM   #5
Menace
@Kutztown University PA

Menace is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Menace
What it is, is that it is held on with the 2 bolts behind the door handle and 2 behind the reflecter but all around the door in the back are rivets. So just slowly pop them out by pulling from the bottom of the door to the top. When you get to the top there will be a black slit between your window and your door panel you can just pull that strait up with your door pannel and you should be good.

2007 Scion tC in driveway!!

Stuff for sale

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13919
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:44 PM   #6
BRalero01

one more quick ? about it too. im connecting them to an amp in the back. instead of connecting the new speaker to the old wiring harnes, i just have to run new + and - lines to it from the amp correct?

thanks for the diagram from crutchfield. do you really have to remove the window switches tho?

and for the rear deck...theres a lot of confusing posts on this. does anyone have pics of what clips and such to pull out first? any help is great. will post pics on cardoman.com when done.

colefsuwr is my name one there
Old 03-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #7
littlebandito

The back is the eaisest, just lay down your rear seats and start popping of panels. You should have to take a panel that goes along the lining of the opening to the trunk, the two panels along the top of the rear door frames, and the entire cover piece just comes off as well.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:11 PM   #8
littlebandito

Quote:
Originally posted by Menace@Feb 26 2006, 10:28 PM
What it is, is that it is held on with the 2 bolts behind the door handle and 2 behind the reflecter but all around the door in the back are rivets. So just slowly pop them out by pulling from the bottom of the door to the top. When you get to the top there will be a black slit between your window and your door panel you can just pull that strait up with your door pannel and you should be good.

Thats a tough mug to move...Im not gonna break anything by givin it a few good jerks am I?
Old 03-08-2006, 05:04 PM   #9
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
nah, i've taken mine off a few times. (actually broken about half of them on each door)

even if you do break a few, it doesn't matter.. those screws hold it in there tight.

check this for pics... http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?sho...c=13780&hl=door

personally, i just put a longer screwdriver under the far bottom corner of the door. there is a small gap in the vinyl down there. then just pry up and out slowly until you hear a loud "POP" then get a few fingers in there and slowly work your way around. give a few small tugs as you inch your way down, finding out where the rivets are. when you get to one, give it a swift pull and it should pop free.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:04 PM   #10
brim
GLS member

brim is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brim
what everybody else said

what I do is start with the the bottom panel and reflector, pop them out with a mini screwdriver (i've got a set of stanley minis), take out the two screws from the middle panel, and the one behind the reflector.

Next Pop out the window switches by gently prying it up and popping it up and down around the edges till it comes free. The mirror switch goes just as easy, then pry the switches out of the casing with a little screwdriver, pressing them down while prying on the plastic.

The door lock switch got me though, I didn't see the plastic bend that held it in and snapped it, It still stays in just fine tho.

The rest of the door, pull up and jiggle it a little rough and the clips will come free, if not pry the panel on one side and give it a little push and pull to free it up, then the lifting up and wiggling will be easier.

last is the trunk switch, it'll pop out the same as the window switch.
putting it all back is easy, start with the top and set it back down near the window track, then line it up, and give it a few taps all around it to get the clips back in.

follow the titans
brim is offline   Reply With Quote