Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 11-18-2003, 01:01 PM   #1
Molson
V.I.P. Member

Molson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Molson Send a message via MSN to Molson
Submitted by Per0xide
since i didnt know the code, and with me crackin it so easily, im sure as hell not gonna pay a dealership $10 to reset it, they can kiss my butt... and aparantly, $10 was a discount... everywhere else, they wanted like $30 for it...

in case anyone else wants to know how to crack it.. here's what the dealerships do:

1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed

2. Write the numbers down.

3. Press the AM FM button, write down the next 3 numbers

4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter option 2 then account number 02107, press the asterisk button and enter the 6 digit code from the radio, you will get an unlock code, write it down.

5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first 2 numbers, then press minute button and set the next two last numbers, press AM FM button, SEC should be displayed, turn on radio, and with the magical forces of overpaid gm techs, you now have a functional radio

besides... what self respecting thief is gonna steal an OEM radio??
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 07:50 AM   #2
parky151

Is there any other plan? I tried it and I can't even get passed the first step where you hold the 2 and 3 buttons for 10 seconds. I did it, for like 30 seconds and I never any numbers...The problem is I need the theftlock code in order to put 2 10's in the trunk. Also, does anyone know if the stock head unit has RCA's? Thanks.....
Old 06-13-2004, 08:55 AM   #3
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm pretty sure MY stocker didn't have rca's.....It's from a non-amplified system, from a 2000 GL ( FYI ) I dunno about the amplified stock systems, they may or may not have RCA's, but i doubt they do....

Hope this helps

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 07:17 PM   #4
parky151

Yea mine is an amplified system..01 GX Alero. Don't know if RCA's exist, if not then I just might keep it the way it is...I prolly will n e ways.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:41 PM   #5
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
The stock HU will not have rca's unamped or other wise.
Get line out converters, or a deck with speaker level inputs...

um

Or a better deck... :rolleyes:

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:49 PM   #6
parky151

well what i got going now seems to do the trick..the only bad is i dont have my back speakers..but that's it.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:07 AM   #7
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
get some line out converters.... well you would only need one... that will solve your problems

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 10:52 PM   #8
BigJon34

Kept saying that something was wrong with the account number. And should I still 2, the prompter says 3 for oldsmobile. If somebody has another account # I'd be eternally grateful, its sucks, dealership sold me the car without the radio unlocked and i was just so happy to have it I ddint check.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:40 PM   #9
anikin8421

ya I was so happy to have it to and I did not get a unlock code for my alero 2000 GLS
Old 11-12-2004, 05:20 PM   #10
lareine69

Nothin is working and I'm searched the internet. Does anyone know the REAL tried and true way to unlock the factory radio?
Old 11-12-2004, 05:25 PM   #11
bluephoAm

Hack it with Unix.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:46 PM   #12
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
whats the reason for reseting the radio? do some just need to be reseted? oh yeah i have the 2002 GLS, my car was born december 13th 2001, does my car have the amp in it? j/w
Old 10-06-2005, 01:15 PM   #13
chill620

I tried the how to as noted but it aint working. Is there an updated account number anywhere? PLEASE HELP>!
Thanks
Old 12-30-2005, 04:57 AM   #14
digitalpimp
GX Member

digitalpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to digitalpimp
With all the research I've done, it looks like all the newer models ('01 and after) are excluded from the "Theftlock Code" Delima. The radio is programed with the car's VIN number. When power is restored, the car's computer sends the car's VIN to the radio. If it matches the preprogramed VIN in the head unit, then the radio unlocks. Otherwise, keep trying the code technique or drop the cash and get it done right at the dealership.
digitalpimp is offline   Reply With Quote