Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 05-10-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
my lx9 swap thread

Well i started the swap tonight. Started pulling the moter around 8 and had the 3400 out by midnight. Ill up date as i make progress and post pix when i can.....pix..........

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:25 AM   #2
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet... Easy parts done now7
Old 05-10-2012, 02:31 AM   #3
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
wow! how many miles on that engine? are you going to swap in new gauges and shibang or will you be able to tune it in?
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:00 AM   #4
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
80k on that new engine....

So hold on....you didn't have to drop the subframe? wtf.....lol
Old 05-10-2012, 03:56 AM   #5
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Lol billy......
Old 05-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
Well I was going to drop the sub frame but found I couldnt get the body high enuf. So that was a no go lol.
Papa, yes I will be swapping in a new cluster once all is finished. The new one will reflect the engines mileage, the old engine has 205k on it, My plans for the old one is to turn the block into a coffie table and the heads are going to be turned into a lamp. So I won't be getting rid of the Stock heart. Lol

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #7
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Wtf creepy i was browsing craigslist to make a block table last night
Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #8
Starglow
GX Member

Starglow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawa View Post
My plans for the old one is to turn the block into a coffie table and the heads are going to be turned into a lamp. So I won't be getting rid of the Stock heart. Lol

I'd like to see pictures of that when you get it finished...sounds cool.
Starglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #9
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
x2
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Mimes going to be like this but either with a v6 honda motor or a v8 olds if i can fine a block for cheap enough
Old 05-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #11
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
only problem is thats gonna be a son of a bitch to move lol.

id love to have one, maybe ill do the same once im done with this block and start building the 3400.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawa View Post
Well I was going to drop the sub frame but found I couldnt get the body high enuf. So that was a no go lol.
Papa, yes I will be swapping in a new cluster once all is finished. The new one will reflect the engines mileage, the old engine has 205k on it, My plans for the old one is to turn the block into a coffie table and the heads are going to be turned into a lamp. So I won't be getting rid of the Stock heart. Lol

I seee.....must be a bitch to take stuff off with the engine still in there.....like taking the bolts off the torque converter.....i can't imagine that would be much fun Or the bolts on the back of the tranny....once the subframe was out everything was cake from there on out. My buddy lives on a farm so he had a tractor he could lift my car up with. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #13
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
only problem is thats gonna be a son of a bitch to move lol.

Na, you buy casters at Home Depot

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #14
jawa