Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 06-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #21
k3nd4l
GX Member

k3nd4l is on a distinguished road
Question !

Next Friday i will be buying canuck springs off of marcfortier71. As of right now my car is only at 48k miles (was owned by an old guy in the city who never drove it). would i be safe running these lowered springs off of stock struts for about 3 weeks till i get the $ to replace them !?
k3nd4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #22
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #23
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3nd4l View Post
turbo gets welded on right ?

he's saying "you can't go back" as in you won't want to. you make a lot more power with a turbocharger.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #24
k3nd4l
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
yeah

is this a yea to the spring/strut question ?
Old 06-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #25
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
Si

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #26
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3nd4l View Post
so i can buy the 8 or however many red LEDs it is from the site posted earlier & then just buy 2 packs from that link you just gave me and id be fine ?

Sounds about right. It's always good to buy spares though.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #27
ronnysbray
GX Member

ronnysbray is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
wow, really?

i have the plastic black mesh on my car for gutters.. it's effing mesh, it's raw material, doesn't matter where the eff you get it as long as it's not steel that will rust...

go on mcmaster.com and order whatever the hell you want. why pay more because it's called a "RACING GRILLE MESH MAD TIGHT YO" on some stupid performance site when it's something as simple as effing mesh.

It won't rust if you powdercoat it
ronnysbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #28
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
is this thread for real??? am i seeing a build of a car well kinda of a build i guess, SILICONE IS NOT MEANT TO BOND ANYTHING TOGETHER, ITS MEANT FOR HOUSE USE, NOT AUTOMOTIVE!!!
THE 69 CAMARO IM RESTORING AT WORK HAD HOUSE SILICONE AND HOUSE ALUMINUM WITH RIVETS PATCHED OVER THE UPPER COWL AND DASH GUESS WHAT.............IT MADE THE RUST WORSE, GUESS WHAT......THE SILICONE DIDNT DO SHIT BUT JUST FILLED A VOID SO THE BUTCHER COULD SHAPE ALUMINUM OVER METAL

if the mesh is metal, shape it to your bumper basicly making a template before you bond the mesh so just clean the inside of the bumper, go spend the money buy the applicator gun some 3m panel bond, and bond the mesh to the bumper

its not hard, a monkey can do it so you do it and it will last the life time of the car

your paint job it depends on what ya want but by juding on the pep boy seat covers and awesome red interior paint you sir have no clue on how to build a car sorry but i call it the way i see it

a good decent paint job shops start at 6k and can go up and past 15k
i start on the side at 3k and go up there are allot of butcher shop and hacks in my trade so be careful who you go to

ask around ask on forums, if ya want quality you will pay for it bottom line in my trade

enjoy
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:39 AM   #29
k3nd4l
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
is this thread for real??? am i seeing a build of a car well kinda of a build i guess, SILICONE IS NOT MEANT TO BOND ANYTHING TOGETHER, ITS MEANT FOR HOUSE USE, NOT AUTOMOTIVE!!!
THE 69 CAMARO IM RESTORING AT WORK HAD HOUSE SILICONE AND HOUSE ALUMINUM WITH RIVETS PATCHED OVER THE UPPER COWL AND DASH GUESS WHAT.............IT MADE THE RUST WORSE, GUESS WHAT......THE SILICONE DIDNT DO SHIT BUT JUST FILLED A VOID SO THE BUTCHER COULD SHAPE ALUMINUM OVER METAL

if the mesh is metal, shape it to your bumper basicly making a template before you bond the mesh so just clean the inside of the bumper, go spend the money buy the applicator gun some 3m panel bond, and bond the mesh to the bumper

its not hard, a monkey can do it so you do it and it will last the life time of the car

your paint job it depends on what ya want but by juding on the pep boy seat covers and awesome red interior paint you sir have no clue on how to build a car sorry but i call it the way i see it

a good decent paint job shops start at 6k and can go up and past 15k
i start on the side at 3k and go up there are allot of butcher shop and hacks in my trade so be careful who you go to

ask around ask on forums, if ya want quality you will pay for it bottom line in my trade

enjoy

ill keep in mind that. i never said anything about silicone i asked for ideas on what to keep it on with. your idea sounds good and i will look into that.

& my paint job is already covered as posted in a different thread. My neighbor happens to be my bestfriend and his dad is a car detailer/painter while his mom sells the automotive paint and i was told by them as long as i buy the supplies (which ill be getting a discount on) they will do the job for free .

i have no "pepboy seat covers" YES i have seat covers but thats because i didnt like the color the cars interior initially is and it was going with the theme of the interior. as for the paint that was done a while ago and i regretted it once it was done (ALSO stated in a previous thread). These two things have absolutely NOTHING to do with the "building" of a car because they in no way affect performance but are rather done to my VISUAL liking. to each his own.

This thread was made as a way to keep everything i wanted to do together with questions on how to do them without having to start a million threads. not whether or not i know how to build a car. thankyou.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #30
happyisthealero
GL Member

happyisthealero is an unknown quantity at this point
Classy... Zero sarcasm
happyisthealero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #31
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
I thought the tiki shifter wasnt cool but I didnt say anything.. You dont have to hate so hard. Im supposed to be the number one troll around here
Old 06-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #32
k3nd4l
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
I thought the tiki shifter wasnt cool but I didnt say anything.. You dont have to hate so hard. Im supposed to be the number one troll around here

whats a tiki shifter ? if your talking about my shift knob (idk if you are) mine was changed from the original when my parents first bought me the car because the original one was broken
Old 06-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #33
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
he was talking about the shifter that bdyman had...here is a pic

03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #34
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
While cool in a rat rod or old truck.. It was misplaced in a stock interior.

The point im making is everyone has flaws with thier car
Old 06-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #35
jawa