Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 03-17-2014, 08:42 PM   #1
IAmJordanBecker
GX Member

IAmJordanBecker is on a distinguished road
Front door speakers?

What size speakers are inside the doors? Can I put the 6x9s that were in the back and put them in the front? They have gone through a lot more stress and the front ones are completely blown. Just looking for a quick fix as it's weeks from payday

Btw I've already taken out the rear deck 6x9s and the sub now fills the entire inside of the car with so much more bass. It's amazing what that did.
IAmJordanBecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:03 PM   #2
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
stock they are 5¼ in the doors... 6x9 won't fit in the door... and why don't just fold the rear seat ??

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
03Alerosil
GL Member

03Alerosil is on a distinguished road
Stock door speakers are 4x6. That's what I run.
03Alerosil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #4
IAmJordanBecker
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiguilandry View Post
stock they are 5¼ in the doors... 6x9 won't fit in the door... and why don't just fold the rear seat ??

I use it quite a bit, driving siblings around, it's a pain to have to open up the trunk just to keep it from sucking the cones lol
Old 03-17-2014, 09:16 PM   #5
IAmJordanBecker
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Alerosil View Post
Stock door speakers are 4x6. That's what I run.

Guess i'll have to make due with the rattling speakers for a bit :x
Old 03-18-2014, 09:05 AM   #6
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
You are able to fit 6 1/2s quite nicely in the doors. One thing to watch though if you take this route, is the size of the magnet. I can almost guarantee that 6x9 won't fit.

New System in Progress...Mids/Tweets: 2 Skar SPX component sets powered by a Skar 85.4. Subs: Hybrid 15" DD/AA, Amp: Skar SK3500, 2 runs (power and ground) of Knu OFC 0 gauge, XS d3400 up front, 2 Deka g31s in the trunk...more to come
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:33 AM   #7
IAmJordanBecker
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8track16 View Post
You are able to fit 6 1/2s quite nicely in the doors. One thing to watch though if you take this route, is the size of the magnet. I can almost guarantee that 6x9 won't fit.

Well I just planned on using the stock ones that were in the rear deck, they aren't too big at all.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #8
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
6x9's won't fit and 6.5's require spacer and fitting.
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:57 AM   #9
03Alerosil
GL Member

03Alerosil is on a distinguished road
6x9's will not fit in the doors. At least not in the stock location. you would have to make a speaker pod out of fiberglass and attach it to the doors hereby sacrificing leg room and passenger room.
03Alerosil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:12 AM   #10
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
This thread shows that they are 4x6:
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37277
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:46 AM   #11
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute

Shows the OE speaker wires soldered???
Old 09-26-2018, 06:21 PM   #12
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Been a while but pretty sure they were soldered.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:41 AM   #13
zzyzzx
GLS member

OK, now I get it. They are actually soldered to an ~18" pigtail, and the available Metra adapters are worthless because they aren't long enough, so I should just take out the existing long pigtail and solder my own appropriately sized connectors into it. I will assume that 4 ohm speakers is that the OE ones are.

The part I don't get is do I leave the tweeter connected or unplug it?

Last edited by zzyzzx : 09-27-2018 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:00 PM   #14
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
4 ohm is correct

Unplug it
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:12 AM   #15
zzyzzx
GLS member

OK, do we know what the wattage of the stick amplifier puts out?
Old 10-20-2018, 06:15 PM   #16
zzyzzx
GLS member

Anyway, replaced just the one bad speaker today (ran out of time to do both), but the bad speaker had something that fell off internally and was rattling around. Probably was fine otherwise.