Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 04-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #1
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Monsoon Head Unit replacment question

Hey,

I know we have to replace the amp if getting normal 6x9's do we have to get rid of the amp with a new head unit? Just wondering since the shop flubbed the Bi- amplified 6x9 hook up upon hu install.
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
I thought you already swapped your head unit? The easiest way to get rid of the head unit is to toss the monsoon head unit and rewire the car. If you want to keep the speakers amplified, this would be as easy as running an RCA cable from the head to the trunk, where you would locate the amp. Then you would just run speaker wire from the speakers to the amp. If you're going to drive the speakers with the head, then you have to wire each speaker to the head, which means taking off the side panels by the carpet, the lower seat portion and the shoulder rest on the sides of the upper seat, the B pillar trim and the trim under the dash.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #3
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Yes I already swapped the head unit the installer fu**ed up the wiring and I have no sound from the SounsdStream Bi-amped 6x9's which are run off the stock amp. Just making sure I don't have to ditch the amp now. If I can tie it into the new head unit I can wait a month or so to install the new gear in segments.

I have the Kappa 693.11i's sitting in my closet along with the Polk 4x6's and the MTX amp for them. I' am just waiting on some cabbage for the 6x9 amp, wiring for both new amps and both new sets of speakers.

Last edited by negolien : 04-18-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Then yeah, all you have to do is run the wires from the head unit to the speakers. Not that hard to do, just time consuming.Try to get some cheap wiring for it and you can wait it out, just remember to wire your 6x9 in series since they're bi-amped.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #5
negolien
GL Member

I want to keep the amp
Old 04-20-2014, 03:21 AM   #6
rocketfast321
GL Member

rocketfast321 is on a distinguished road
No need to bypass the amp. When i put my radio in i didn't mess with the amp
Baby Sandy: 2001 2.4 Grand Am se 1.5 (auto) 32k-119k : Sept.2002-Aug.2010
Mickey: 2001 Alero GL 2.4 5-speed (Nov. 2010) 109k-???
rocketfast321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:22 AM   #7
negolien
GL Member

Still planning on keeping the stock 4x6's running off the new deck, Stock amp, Soundstream 6x9's and the subs and sub amp for now. Probably be a month or so before I start laying the cables, big 3 and cap. Debating on a higher output alt. Not really excited about spending another $400 on the alt but thinking it might be worth it with three amps running 695rms/1450 peak.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:07 AM   #8
negolien
GL Member

Anyone seen these before? LOL not a fan of fan cooled amps but still thinking about this since my Subs are Jack Hammers lol would be to power the Kappa 6x9's

MTX AUDIO JACK HAMMER JH202

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MTX-AUDIO-JA...item417f441e43