Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 05-08-2011, 09:02 PM   #21
TurboAleroGT40
GX Member

TurboAleroGT40 is on a distinguished road
a 282 out of a 1990 ish I think Beretta. Will post some pics later.
TurboAleroGT40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #22
TurboAleroGT40
GX Member

There you go...

Don't have pic of the head gasket (At first I used copper gaskets)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9 Juli 2006 013.jpg (80.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 16 October 2006 019.jpg (69.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 16 October 2006 020.jpg (52.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04650 (Small).JPG (88.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04689.jpg (37.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04654.jpg (64.4 KB, 33 views)
Old 05-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #23
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
What axles did you use? Stock axles held the power? One wheels wonders?

A later internal slave 282 is what I am using.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:51 AM   #24
TurboAleroGT40
GX Member

Stock Alero Axles, but I changed the inner cv join cup(driver side )with the one from the beretta.

Well until now they did hold but, at first had some issues with the cv joint. I broke the beretta's cv joint cup, the inner one.
The problem was that the engine wasn't 100% aligned, so the axles didnt sit correctly. But now thats fixed.

Oh ok, well the 282 that I used has external slave. This 282 is supposedly the getrag that holds 500WHP + on all the beretta's. Don't remember correctly but on doing a research there was 2 type's of gearboxes that the 3.1 beretta's used back in those days.

When I was searching for the gearbox in the junky, i cam across 2 different gearbox type and supposedly the one I got is the best. Until now its working gr8.

The only draw back from this one is that the speed sensor is mechanical. I did upgrade it to a electronic one but it still uses a plastic wheel that is turned by the central diff i think. And that plastic wheel is what i need right now because it got misplaced. So my speedo doesn't work right now
Old 05-09-2011, 01:09 AM   #25
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
wow thats awesome man! did you run stock internals? like pistons?.. nothing forged?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:12 AM   #26
TurboAleroGT40
GX Member

Nops, internals are stock.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:18 AM   #27
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
damn. thats impressive. i cant wait to start my build.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:55 AM   #28
TurboAleroGT40
GX Member

Oh I forgot some information:
The Hm 282 has a 1.5 LSD installed and a clutch masters stage 4 or was it stage 5 clutch and pressure plate and also a fidanza aluminum flywheel
Old 05-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #29
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboAleroGT40 View Post
Stock Alero Axles, but I changed the inner cv join cup(driver side )with the one from the beretta.

Well until now they did hold but, at first had some issues with the cv joint. I broke the beretta's cv joint cup, the inner one.
The problem was that the engine wasn't 100% aligned, so the axles didnt sit correctly. But now thats fixed.

Oh ok, well the 282 that I used has external slave. This 282 is supposedly the getrag that holds 500WHP + on all the beretta's. Don't remember correctly but on doing a research there was 2 type's of gearboxes that the 3.1 beretta's used back in those days.

When I was searching for the gearbox in the junky, i cam across 2 different gearbox type and supposedly the one I got is the best. Until now its working gr8.

The only draw back from this one is that the speed sensor is mechanical. I did upgrade it to a electronic one but it still uses a plastic wheel that is turned by the central diff i think. And that plastic wheel is what i need right now because it got misplaced. So my speedo doesn't work right now

You must have changed your motor mounts then..........because stock alero axles will not fit.......unless the inside of the beretta is significantly longer or shorter......because on one side the alero axle is wayyyy too long and on the other it is about right.

I am using an 86 fiero inner (because it's longer) on one side and a beretta/alero on the other side.

Quote:
Oh I forgot some information:
The Hm 282 has a 1.5 LSD installed and a clutch masters stage 4 or was it stage 5 clutch and pressure plate and also a fidanza aluminum flywheel

1.5 LSD? Never heard of it. I have a gleason-torsen LSD, stage 5 clutchmasters, and a fidanza as well, but for right now i have a junk napa clutch and steel flywheel. I am holding off on the clutchmaster and fidanza for the built motor.....
Old 05-09-2011, 12:42 PM   #30
TurboAleroGT40
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
You must have changed your motor mounts then..........because stock alero axles will not fit.......unless the inside of the beretta is significantly longer or shorter......because on one side the alero axle is wayyyy too long and on the other it is about right.

I am using an 86 fiero inner (because it's longer) on one side and a beretta/alero on the other side.

1.5 LSD? Never heard of it. I have a gleason-torsen LSD, stage 5 clutchmasters, and a fidanza as well, but for right now i have a junk napa clutch and steel flywheel. I am holding off on the clutchmaster and fidanza for the built motor.....

Well that's the axle I used. Motor mounts.... the only one that is stock is the one on the passenger side.

Yes its a 1.5 way LSD, it came with the gearbox I guess the pre owner did it or it came factory with it. Don't know. But it is a LSD because no matter how I put the steering wheel both wheel will spin at almost the same speed. And when the car is sitting on stands, both wheel will spin in the same direction if u turn one only .
And when i broke the inner Cv joint the car kept running.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:41 AM   #31
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:

Mechanical speed sensor would be on a 91 or older J-Body. All the L-bodies used the hall-type speed sensor.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote