Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 05-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
oil pan gasket?

How hard would it be to drop the oil pan for a new gasket? Im changing my oil right now thinking about putting a new one in next oil change. But I looked and looks like just a bunch of 10mm bolts all the way around.

Should be easy with Just a jack and stands right? Anything I need to know before doing it? Warnings? Lol thanks for your inputs
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
on the V6..i think you need to lift the engine to get the pan out.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm I hope not lol but if I HAVE to I have no choice
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #4
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
I'd wait for someone else to chime in. But I think I had a thread about this a while ago, and thats the answer I got.

Mine has been weeping for about 2 years now. I just switched to using 10W30 (also quieted down the engine a bit) and it seems to have slowed or stopped.

I have the gasket, but if you have to raise the engine, I have no means of doing that.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I know the pan is deepand it would make sense that you have to do that to get the pan off although I never tried it.

Is your gasket leaking?

Most bolts on GM cars are 7mm, 10mm, and 13mm. I think GM got a hell of a discount on these bolts back in the early 80's becasue even my old Delta used 7mm bolts in the dash.

The lift the engine, you will need a Engine hoist (sometimes called a cherry picker) and undo the motor mount and tranny mount. IDK how high the engine has to go.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #6
sleepyalero
GLS member

I know what that is redog Hahaha not much of a newbie lol

Anyway... I might take cherringtons advice And run 10w30 see if it helps... I have a hoist to get from my buddy but I wonder if you can lift it an inch instead of basically pull the motor for such a small job.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
the LD9 is super tight to get out and it's only a 4
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
sleepyalero
GLS member

Yeah. I haven't tried to pull it out or anything. Just looked at it while draining the oil in my car today. I gotta look at it some more though. Is it the craddle that is stopping it? It did look like a tight fit thru it. If so u could prob drop The craddle instead.

Yet idk which would be more work.. pullin the motor or droppin the craddle
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: