Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 07-28-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
nateb06
GX Member

nateb06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Throttle body from 4.3 vortec on 3.4?

hey I've got a 95 astro van and i'm pretty sure it has a 4.3 vortec in it. but anyways, i was wondering if anyones bothered to try putting the throttle body from a 4.3 into their aleros or 3.4s. I'll probably try thiss weekend but would rather know for sure before i did all teh work........ K thanx
nateb06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
uhhhhh good luck and let us know how it goes. im 99.99% sure that no one has tried it before. lol
jackal2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:42 PM   #3
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
most likely you'll have to have an adapter plate made for it, but IIRC, you have nearly a 75mm TB and the max you can port out the neck on a 3400 UIM is 65mm. If you want to do this, you'll need to go to a 3500 UIM, because the stock neck size starts at 66mm before porting and I've heard that it will go big enough.

Main question here is....will sensors match up (TPS, etc.), and will the reported voltage report correctly to the PCM so that it translates it correctly?

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:51 PM   #4
nateb06
GX Member

nateb06 is an unknown quantity at this point
well guess I'll try and find out. its just my old junker car from last year that i had before the alero. and the idea jsut popped into my head when i was putting on my intake. i was like hmm that peice of junk light actually have something i could use
nateb06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:07 PM   #5
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
it might be beneficial, and I would highly consider it. My TB is from a 4.3 Vortec, but much newer model, so I couldn't say about yours on age vs. sensor/PCM matching. Best shot is to try 60degreeV6.com

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote