Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-01-2005, 02:08 PM   #1
dt_freak1

im thinking about adding some aftermarket tweeters to the front doors. ive already outlined my system parts under "A little help for some boom." i really want a little extra clarity up front, i actually bought a set of crossovers for the front speakers. Scosche high pass crossovers. easy install as you just put the female positive into the male positive of your wiring and the male output onto the female positive on your speaker. i already installed em and i say my front speakers sound more crisp and clear then before and i notice they arent reproducing as much bass before but then its a good thing since ive seen a set of Boston FX7s get ruined by trying to make them produce bass. my question is, right now the FX7s are still running 4 ohms resistance and id only wanna add tweeters if i could still keep the FX7s running at 4 ohms. i dont wanna take a chance and set up a weird ohm load on the fronts out of respect for the alpine 3526 4 channel amp being so old. im already using the channel 1 and 2 for my front speakers and channel 3 and 4 for my rear speakers and it is all 4 ohms right now. help would be greatly appreciated. kevin
Old 05-01-2005, 02:36 PM   #2
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
on my alpine cda-9835 im runing the stock tweets with my alpine stype 6.5's in front, thats a 4+4 ohm load in paralell... so 2 ohms?? it runs fine

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 06:07 PM   #3
UnoWHO

My 2 cents,

Replace the tweets, Ive never heard such a dramatic increase in sound quality and loudness to the driver and passenger than doing that(excluding subs and amp replacements). Thats the first upgrade I did to my alero was replace the stock tweets with aftermarket ones. Not only was it SIMPLE but very affective. (if you have the stock tweets in the corners of tyhe window and door) the actual mesh on the plastic doesnt come off with the stock tweet, and behind the molding there is just a circular snap in, so my aftermarket tweets Snapped right in after the stocks were taken out. And if its the amp you are worried about, and if it is old, you could probablly replace it and get a higher amp from one too for not to expensive.

PS. FREEBIE:AFter Market Tweets-0$ :-D
Old 05-01-2005, 09:09 PM   #4
roadrunr

I have the Monsoon system...has anyone replaced the factory Tweets in that set up?
Old 05-02-2005, 02:03 AM   #5
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
It is very easy to replace. Find the pinout in our search bar. With the monsoon amp you won't need to add a crossover. The amp is eliminating the frequencies through it. The only thing you need to do is replace it with one of the same ohm rating. I can't remember if it is four or six. I believe four. If you don't have the monsoon system then the tweet is wired in line with the 4x6 and uses a resistor to eliminate some frequencies. The same as before, try to place one of the same ohm in the door. Otherwise you run the risk of lowering the HU's output below four homs. Most factory HU's are rated for 2 ohm stable (not bridged) but you may still want to be carefull. The other issue is how you would wire a crossover. If you are running a speaker in series or parallel, never put the crossover after the wiring. It will change crossover points. Your amp wires will go to the crossover and then out to the speakers in a series or parallel configuration. As a note, series can damage components so it is suggested not to do this.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:42 PM   #6
dt_freak1

well as i mentioned before i removed all factory gear from my system. the only thing i wanna do yet is add tweeters...look at my post of my system parts. i just dont wanna screw up my amp
Old 05-02-2005, 11:34 PM   #7
ryanthefizz
GL Member

ryanthefizz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by UnoWHO@May 1 2005, 05:07 PM
My 2 cents,

Replace the tweets, Ive never heard such a dramatic increase in sound quality and loudness to the driver and passenger than doing that(excluding subs and amp replacements). Thats the first upgrade I did to my alero was replace the stock tweets with aftermarket ones. Not only was it SIMPLE but very affective. (if you have the stock tweets in the corners of tyhe window and door) the actual mesh on the plastic doesnt come off with the stock tweet, and behind the molding there is just a circular snap in, so my aftermarket tweets Snapped right in after the stocks were taken out. And if its the amp you are worried about, and if it is old, you could probablly replace it and get a higher amp from one too for not to expensive.

PS. FREEBIE:AFter Market Tweets-0$ :-D

what after market tweets did u get and where?
ryanthefizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:58 PM   #8
dt_freak1

i personally wanna add some tweets only cuz i know id get a better soundstage. im still wondering how to wire so i keep a 4 ohm load
Old 05-05-2005, 03:55 PM   #9
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Get crossovers? and or add a resistor? or dont worry about it because the HU can handle 2 ohms per chanel

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote