Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 08-05-2011, 12:43 AM   #1
h3hl33t
GX Member

h3hl33t is on a distinguished road
Dear Hub, GFY!

Hooked car up to scanner since ABS, SVS, and Trac Off lights were on. What do you all think? Do I need to replace the hub?

B1222 - Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal = 0
B1225 - Left Front Excessive Wheel Speed Sensor Variation
B1226 - Right Front Excessive Wheel Speed Sensor Variation
B1232 - Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Open or Shorted
B1233 - Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Open or Shorted

Cleared codes, did another scan and the only code that came back was:

C1233 - Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Open or Shorted (I assume that's the same at B1233)

Is a 12 pack and two hours of my time in the near future?
h3hl33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:58 AM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
doesnt even take 2 hours to do a hub, if your know what you're doing it will take about 30 mins. its easy..... pop off the wheel and brake, then the hub and reassemble. and you're good.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:12 AM   #3
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
a little off topic, but what scanner did you use to find ABS codes?

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:06 AM   #4
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3hl33t View Post
Hooked car up to scanner since ABS, SVS, and Trac Off lights were on. What do you all think? Do I need to replace the hub?

B1222 - Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal = 0
B1225 - Left Front Excessive Wheel Speed Sensor Variation
B1226 - Right Front Excessive Wheel Speed Sensor Variation
B1232 - Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Open or Shorted
B1233 - Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Open or Shorted

Cleared codes, did another scan and the only code that came back was:

C1233 - Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Open or Shorted (I assume that's the same at B1233)

Is a 12 pack and two hours of my time in the near future?

thats how it sounds. i would check the wires at the hubs to make sure they torn or something. then id start with replacing the rf hub.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #5
h3hl33t
GX Member

Called around to a couple AutoZone's and luckily one had a Actron CP9580, which reads ABS codes. I have changed the hub on an Intrigue before, but never on my Alero. I imagine it is just about the same, if not easier. I have checked all hubs and the sensor connections all look good, so I am betting it is the senor in the hub itself. I have around 140k miles on the Alero, and this is the first time replacing hub(s). Although, I think my light has been on for almost a year. No weird noises coming from the wheels, so I'm chalking this one up to faulty sensor. Lame!
Old 08-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #6
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
So if I am understanding you correctly, you get the codes read for free at AutoZone?
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:40 AM   #7
h3hl33t
GX Member

Free is a relative term. I have to surrender my drivers license in order to "check-out" the scanner. Upon return of the scanner, I am given my license back. But, yeah.....FREE! Most places have scanners, but they usually don't have one that reads ABS codes. I had to call around and ask what model of scanner they let customers use and then went from there.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #8
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I have changed the hub on an Intrigue before, but never on my Alero. I imagine it is just about the same, if not easier.
5 nuts to get your wheel off, two bolts to take your calper bracket (with caliper attached) off (hang with bungies). big ol nut on the axle shaft. make sure you can get an nother nut (incase your destroy it beating the axle shaft out of the hub, it happens some times). 3 bolts to remove hub. BFH maybe nessasary to remove hub from nuckle. good luck.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #9
h3hl33t
GX Member

35mm socket for the nut, right?
Old 08-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #10
h3hl33t
GX Member

Correction....I got the scan done at Advanced Auto Parts.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #11
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
35mm socket for the nut, right?

not 100% sure on that
Old 08-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #12
h3hl33t
GX Member

35mm nut it was. Ended up starting with the passenger side, no more lights. Woohoo!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #13
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Mental note, if I but an OBD2 code reader, I'll get one that does ABS codes as well.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #14
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Both front wheels are making weird grinding noises going over small bumps or just whenever.... Not sure what's making the noises, but I suspect it might have something to do with the hubs maybe? It's been getting a little worse..
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote