Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 11-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
extreme_kustom_audio
GX Member

extreme_kustom_audio is on a distinguished road
race seatbelt bar

so i have lookd and lookd but maybe i ova lookd for what i want.i wantted to see if there was a support bar. so yes it say im new but i have been under a differ acccount"sorry of topic". so back to the point with almost every five point or four point i see, everyone has them hooked into there back seats for the right angle for support. and i notice it leave the backseats block and i cant afford to do so bc i have my daughter to take with me every now and then, well i was wounder if there has been a b-piller and c-piller bar built for both sections of seat to support the top part of the belts from the front seat and the sam for the back. also on the thought of this does it keep factory belts for dd.i would love to keep dd belts for street legal driving, and bc its nice not to be always straped in.... so sorry if i ova looked it and for all the bad gramer i speed typed and didnt have time to correct it
extreme_kustom_audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
pretty sure I've never seen any seatbelt or rollcage bar stuff for N-bodies. Most of the time that stuff is fabricated on the spot anyways, right? Is there even an n-body fast enough to require a rollcage or a 5 point harness? Unless you regularly track the car, what is the point of a harness if it is illegal to use on the street?
Old 11-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
extreme_kustom_audio
GX Member

well i kinda figured but more pep will tell and so will time im not saying ur wrong bc ive lookd and no luck but anyways i plan on this being a dd but track every chance i get. another reason i saked is like i said i c pep who have 4pt or 5 pt and bolt to there back seat and make it where u cant use them...but time will tell
Old 11-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #4
mfuller

You'd have to have a shop fabricate it for you.
And please, DO NOT use a 5 (or 6) point harness unless you have a full cage.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #5
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Aaron!!!!!!! Translate!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #6
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
roll bars and roll cages are rarely in kit form (except for the cars that regularly get 12's or better in the quarter, modded or not). N-Bodies, while capable of doing such a feat, doesn't do it enough for manufacturers to need to make kits of them.

best bet: get auto/metalworker to fab it up for you. If and when you do this, be sure to keep us posted with pictures.

AND I agree with the posts above about the 5+6 point harnesses. completely unnecessary until you are full-caged.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
You'd have to have a shop fabricate it for you.
And please, DO NOT use a 5 (or 6) point harness unless you have a full cage.
To clarify for him, the reason is that those harnesses don't allow your body to move in the event of a rollover. You get crushed instead of sliding out of the way and maybe surviving.

Putting a harness bar behind your seat will make things unsafe for the person sitting behind you too. Nice solid pole for them to bash their face in when you crash.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #8
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
this dude has a name called "extreme kustom audio" and hes looking for a support bar??? LOL this doesnt make sense
Old 11-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #9
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
To clarify for him, the reason is that those harnesses don't allow your body to move in the event of a rollover. You get crushed instead of sliding out of the way and maybe surviving.

Putting a harness bar behind your seat will make things unsafe for the person sitting behind you too. Nice solid pole for them to bash their face in when you crash.

Very good points. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #10
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
Unless you regularly track the car, what is the point of a harness if it is illegal to use on the street?

http://english.schroth.com/tuning/

These are street legal..
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:25 AM   #11
extreme_kustom_audio
GX Member

well a set that can be use c i learned new things i was always told that 4pt or 5pt were not road leg so thanks for the site
Old 11-10-2009, 10:19 PM   #12
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
http://english.schroth.com/tuning/

These are street legal..

I'm pretty sure that, in Canada at least, there is a law about modifying your seatbelts. Its not so much that a harness is illegal, but more so the fact that you aren't technically using a factory seatbelt which is used to determine government crash safety ratings and standards. You could install it for track use, but on the street you would have to use the factory shoulder belt.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #13
bkathsalero
GL Member

bkathsalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bkathsalero
and on a side note, If you do end up being like everyone esle (it seems) and go against the advice of every knowledgeable person on here:

Make sure you get a remote for your head unit. With a properly installed 4-5pt harness, there is almost no way in hell you will be able to reach the HU to change functions. Buddy has a honda (with a really tightly wound up rubber band) haha (i.e. ricer) that has a five point harness and me being 5'11 with the seat back, I can't reach the head unit, or heater control module. and It is complete overkill and HOT in the summer
Old 11-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #14
A57
GL Member

A57 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to A57