Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 06-14-2004, 10:31 PM   #1
matt_1697

ive asked this like 3 times already and really havn't got a good anser i don't want to make any one mad for asking the same question but i gotta no.

ok i got the 2.4 engine if i get the stage 1 turbo from exploited racing and only run 5lbs of boost is that a safe boost where i won't mess anything up in my engine.

i read the turbo post and the guy said that he blew 3 rod bearings but he never said how many pounds of boost he was running or if he had man trans or auto trans.

I got the auto trans and if i run 5lbs of boost will i be ok will anything blow up thanks please anser soon want to order turbo soon if everything turns out good.

thanks again you guys are alot of help..
Old 06-14-2004, 11:28 PM   #2
n8tureboy

I'm Looking to add a turbo to my Alero too, I was hoping to hook up with a good speed shop in Ont, this summer when i head up there for vacation. I noticed a few of the members were from that area, I'll be in wasaga beach the first week of July. If you got any info, it would me much appriciated.

N8tureboy
Old 06-15-2004, 10:47 AM   #3
Nikatrel

5psi should't hurt ya engine if you got some simple free-flowin mods like exhaust/intake, maybe headers.

Anyone else wanna comment?

-Nick
Old 06-15-2004, 02:00 PM   #4
matt_1697

So 5psi should be ok does anyone else have any idea if it is ok or maybe more info
Old 06-16-2004, 12:00 AM   #5
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
5lbs of boost you will be fine.

the GM S/C is set at 4.5 lbs of boost so if you turbo @ 5 psi you will be fine. As long as everything is setup right and running right.

now i would do an exhaust system. go 2.5 all the way back.

after you have it installed then take it to a dyno and have tested to see what A/F ratio you are running.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:28 AM   #6
Final-Reality

Definately make sure you have a free flowing exhaust so it spools quicker, and 5psi it should take no problem. Just make sure you have fuel mods to properly handle the extra air coming into the engine... the rod bearings are the weakest link as far as engine internals are concerned, though...
Old 06-17-2004, 01:11 AM   #7
nguyen187

hey Matt i had posted last time to PM me.

but otherwise i was running around 6 psi, i have the manual tranny.

most importantly you should get the oil cooler, oil pressure gauge cause that is key to keeping your motor running right. Thats you best bet against destroying you rod bearings!

5 psi at first but then its gonna go up cause its addicting!!! ALso the intercooler will make a huge difference in the performance.

as usual go with the Cartech FMU, free flowing exhaust.

need anything else PM me it'll be much easier.

Nikatrel - Can't go with Headers cause the turbo manifold will already be there.