Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
01silveralero
Aleromod's most pointless thread starter

01silveralero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyballs_69 View Post
http://grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68087
That will help you out. There are somethings that I do different than angrysk8r did.

Get a block of wood and a jack and put it under the oil pan. Lift it up just a little and take the passanger side motor mount out. That way you can get to the 3 bolts that hold the power steering pump on with out the use of a swivel. Once the power steering pump is off just set it up on the strut tower. You don't need to take the lines off.

Don't mess with the rocker arm till you have the lower intake manifold off. Then use the tool to lift the rocker arm up and pull the push rods out. Make sure you don't mix up the push rods. I would put 12 holes in a box and lable the box front and rear. That way the push rods go back in the same place they came from.

You dont really have to lift the engine up a little and remove the motor mount. You can get to the bolts but you cant really use a long extension to remove the power steering pump. You will need a swivel 10mm shallow socket to get the 4 corner bolts off and also back on. You could use a wrench using the 12 point side and put a bigger wrench over the other end of the 10mm wrench to lock into the 10mm wrench to help remove the bolt.

Whatever you do DONT mix up the pushrods. It will cause my headaches then it is worth. The intake pushrods are the short ones and the exhaust are the longer ones. If for some reason you mix them up you can follow the port that is directly behind the pushrod location. It should be E I E I I E in the rear of the engine E I I E I E in the front.

Depending on how long it was leaking and if any coolant was lost (can't locate from where though) it is recommended to remove the heads and get them checked. It would save the hassle of having to do the whole thing over again.

Whats needed
10mm for intake bolts
13mm or 1/2" depending if you decide to remove throttle body or not.
9/32" for map sensor
5/8" alternator mounting bracket
needle nose pliers
8mm or 5/16" for coolant return line / battery and such.
MAGNET for when you drop bolts lol
13mm or 14mm to remove coil packs.
Patience putting it back together so you don't mess up the order of pushrods or break a sensor.
New project 1992 460 big block ford notchback mustang
Goal - Mid 11s all motor.
01silveralero is offline   Reply With Quote