Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 03-29-2008, 10:15 AM   #41
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
yeah.... won't fit in spare hole.... so back to the idea with the sides....

(the spare part was somewhat veto'd as well. not only will they not fit exactly properly with some wood, but with my parents being insurance agents they jumped all over me and i won't fight that.... they could cancel my policy. )
Old 03-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #42
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
I am throwing around the Idea of an amp rack. this is a few of the ideas I am thinking of

or i want to stack my two amps like a stairs on top of each other.

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #43
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
i might do something like that.... if i can pull it off, it'd be slick. keep all my trunk space and loose the little bit of overhead i have

.... but i'm not sure if i have enough length to pull that off. whelp.. back to measuring.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:20 PM   #44
cherrington17
Gone

looks like i'm making an amp wall similar to what ryan did. amps are too long for the shelf, and the hinge idea just has too many flaws to be considered much more then a "theory"

damn me and my eff'n huge amps!

but i did get the adapters cut down the the right size and my wiring ran, so its just a matter of getting the wood cut/carpeted, amps mounted/wired, speakers in/wired. its coming together nicely!
Old 03-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #45
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post
I am throwing around the Idea of an amp rack. this is a few of the ideas I am thinking of

or i want to stack my two amps like a stairs on top of each other.

I have similar much more basic version of that in my Beretta, it works well and doesn't interfere with the trunk space.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:35 PM   #46
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Wow I'm surprised that you couldn't get those in there I thought for sure they would fit...I'm going to do the amp wall as well I like the stealthyness of it and I think it is alot better then mounting to the seat like they are now.

Dont forget to do the headlight mod, I did it yesterday and it took all for 20 minutes, but I did prep my relays and wires first.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:27 AM   #47
cherrington17
Gone

headlight mod??
Old 03-30-2008, 10:25 PM   #48
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
headlight mod??
Yeah look in the low/high/fog on at the same time thread...its where you get the lows to stay on with the highs as wells as the fogs...all thats needed is couple of relays and some wires and terminals. Pretty cool I think. Did you decide on what you are going to do?
Old 03-31-2008, 07:31 AM   #49
cherrington17
Gone

i did. pics will be posted later today...

and i'd rather just get HID's... which might be a present next year... until then my silverstars work just fine, but i do think i need to adjust my headlights, they are aimed a little low.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:07 AM   #50
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
i did. pics will be posted later today...

and i'd rather just get HID's... which might be a present next year... until then my silverstars work just fine, but i do think i need to adjust my headlights, they are aimed a little low.
Cool can't wait to check them out...and that mod isn't for everybody but its just like anything else I suppose. Are those HID's expensive?
Old 03-31-2008, 08:16 AM   #51
cherrington17
Gone

oznium has them. 250 by the looks of it. which, back when i was considering it, it was 4-900. so 250 doesn't seem bad for MUCH better view of the road...
Old 03-31-2008, 10:26 AM   #52
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
oznium has them. 250 by the looks of it. which, back when i was considering it, it was 4-900. so 250 doesn't seem bad for MUCH better view of the road...
Holy shit that's alot of cheese but considering I guess it is a deal....well to say the least I'm cheap, and can't see paying that much, but to each his own. What kind of work are you looking at for an install like that. I would imagine its not just plug and play is it?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:36 AM   #53
cherrington17
Gone

its relatively plug and play... i'm guessing about as much work as installing these new speakers...

everytime you read about someone on the boards having issues "installing their ballasts" those are for the HIDs. they just have a small box for each light, that converts the power.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:51 AM   #54
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
its relatively plug and play... i'm guessing about as much work as installing these new speakers...

everytime you read about someone on the boards having issues "installing their ballasts" those are for the HIDs. they just have a small box for each light, that converts the power.
Oh ok yeah I've heard about these problems but seem to be installer error....maybe. Ever heard the life cycle on one of those ballast..I wouldn't want to pay that much and the ballast only last a short period of time. Now do the lights just sit in the stock locations or do you have to modify that as well? I like the idea of them I just don't like the price.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:58 AM   #55
cherrington17
Gone

i'm pretty sure they sit in the stock location. I'd have to research more, if the purchase started getting more realistic. (wouldn't buy it myself... but if my g/f got generous.... )

alright... back to work. knees have rested.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:11 AM   #56
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
i'm pretty sure they sit in the stock location. I'd have to research more, if the purchase started getting more realistic. (wouldn't buy it myself... but if my g/f got generous.... )

alright... back to work. knees have rested.
Better treat her right then ! I hear that I have to return a radio to a fire station chat later.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:39 PM   #57
cherrington17
Gone

2nd amp in, mostly connected. 1 xover in, 1 tweeter, 1 speaker all in. power all run, tested and functioning (except for a power off "pop") i'm assuming that due to bad ground, or audio wires run near power ones?

eff this is alot of work. espicially when working alone. my bro and dad will be home soon, maybe they can help finish the job tonight.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:53 PM   #58
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

I hear that have you run into any snags getting the speakers in there?
Old 03-31-2008, 05:58 PM   #59
cherrington17
Gone

a couple. i have my xover out lines running next to both power lines.....

and the GIANT problem of running 16ga power lines over to the speakers through the door grommet...

lastly the magnets are a little too deep still. they hit the window brace. shouldn't be a problem, but it doesn't make my comfortable.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:03 PM   #60
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Did you put your xovers in the back as well, and what about making the trim ring wider. Are you using a fish tape of any sort to run those wires cause it makes a world of difference for me?