Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 03-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #21
zoL
Premier V.I.P. Member

zoL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpalero2003 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XtiX99Ir3k

start of shaved gas door where I'm putting it will have to upload more pics later

You going to have it motorized?

"If the author of the Declaration of Independence were to utter such a sentiment today, the Post Office Department could exclude him from the mail, grand juries could indict him for sedition and criminal syndicalism, legislative committees could seize his private papers ... and United States Senators would be clamoring for his deportation that he... should be sent back to live with the rest of the terrorists." - Frank I. Cobb
zoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:47 PM   #22
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
^no just either a small latch or like a push magnet from like an enternament center. And wireing going to make a tight loom and make a new hole and run it through close to the hinge. And some what stock I'm keeping shaved handles goin to shave gas door and move it to behind taillight. And eventually do a retofit with headlights. Still no cd deck but a guy gave me a 600watt 4ch pioneer amp for jb his iPhone and instally windows 7 on his top. Prolly going to go buy a single vr12 from walmart 20 bucks lol 400 max like 120 Rms should be good for a little bass. And the interior I'm switching to leather and already installed Infiniti 8way power heated and lumbared seats. Well drivers is 8way pass is 2way. Then once I get rest of the enterior I'll die it all to match. Thinking like the saddle color out of the Saturn aura.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #23
JD1
GX Member

JD1 is on a distinguished road
Good idea, man I should have went that route with the Infinity Seats......owell........Im liking the dye idea. Can you do the dash and everything?

No suede this time...jk.lol
JD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #24
pimpalero2003
GLS member

Yeah I've dyed it before black and white the last time.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #25
pimpalero2003
GLS member

Has anyone cut there springs? Have lowering spring already and want to take a coil out in the rear to even it out? Will there be any dangers of ridding on it? Know it'll be a harser ride.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #26
domscox
GX Member

domscox is on a distinguished road
Unless you picked that thing up for a hundred bucks I would start looking for a better starter project.
domscox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #27
pimpalero2003
GLS member

No have had it for 3-4 yrs and past 1-1.5 yrs it's been through shit and stop careing about it.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #28
pimpalero2003
GLS member

Some quick shots paint isn't finished going to use a buddys gun should be better then the crap harbor freight I used.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:40 PM   #29
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Looks good.. just less glorious

Old 07-11-2010, 12:03 AM   #30
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
get some closer shots, then lets all judge how the car looks
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #31
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
damnit you stole my gas relocation idea!! I have been wanting to do that for a long time!!
Old 07-11-2010, 12:57 AM   #32
pimpalero2003
GLS member

Lol go for it! Only put one coat on thennput it back 2gether like it came out clumpy like didn't lay smooth prolly due to humidity?. Started wet sanding it and going to try later in month or so.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:58 AM   #33
pimpalero2003
GLS member

And just a line straight of the compressor didn't get a water trap. Will for the next time/ finishing this.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:35 AM   #34
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
it came out clumpy??? low air presure, product mixed wrong, wrong size tip for what your doing, water in the line dude ya gotta stop taking 3 steps back the finished result will look like shit

there are steps to making a car look decent, edge all the parts put them on and get gaps, then prep the car for paint, if you dont have the correct compressor and the right material then just leave it alone dont put a single stage on and then come back and spray base and clear and think your going to have good results from that

before you do anything else let me help you and tell me what you sprayed on and what kind of gun with the tip size, and what product are you spraying
Old 07-11-2010, 08:37 AM   #35
bdyman
GLS member

the only thing humidity does to paint is the dry time, like i said mixed wrong, air pressure water in the line
Old 07-11-2010, 09:13 AM   #36
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
got closer pics?
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #37
pimpalero2003
GLS member

It wasn't anything todo with mixing used the duplicolor paint shop crap. Deff won't used there clear put some on my wipers looked great but it has already hazed and now is cloudy. Good news is only got one run which I'll try and get pics 2maro.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #38
bdyman
GLS member

ok isnt that crap already mixed?? then it is air pressure fan patteren to closed, air pressure at the gun is too low causing it to run, and get cloudy
and the humidity also caused the problem your having traping moisture between coats, even in a booth dry times increase due to heat and humidity

or the wrong temp reducer using a low temp like lets say 70 temp the product is drying before it hits the panle, you would want to use a hot temp like 80-95 temp reducer it takes longer to dry but it takes the moisture out of the product while drying between coats

i guess i dont understand why you are always skimping out on a good product, ppg dbc system isnt that expensive and you wouldnt have the problems your having, and a good quality gun helps out allot too, the correct air pressure coming out of the air cap is so important to correctly atomize the product your spraying

base coat=1.3/1.4
primer & sealer=1.4/1.5
clear=1.5 no more then that

i spray on my satas regulator at 40psi which equals out at the air cap giving the correct atomization for the product, gun set up is also important preping before using a wax and grease remover like ppgs dx 330 or dx440

using a wrong towel to prep will cause fish eyes, cracks later on dirt lint free towels should be used wear gloves if the panel is not cleaned and your pawing it guess what you have problems

dude im here to help so you stop making mistakes
Old 07-11-2010, 04:37 PM   #39
pimpalero2003
GLS member

No fish eyes but yeah premixed car was fully wet sanded and then washed again with dawn dryed and the used tack cloth. Reason cheaping out once car is back 2gether going to sell it. And stuff really isn't that cheap. Going to try kirker paint will be cheaper once all said and done. And useing a friends gun also it's been like 99% humidity!
Old 07-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #40
pimpalero2003
GLS member

And asked you about the flake which I returned looks good in the light other wise just looked like specks of dirt. Just did mirrors with it.