Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 08-28-2010, 08:46 PM   #41
Malibu369258
GL Member

Malibu369258 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolf View Post
Here's a even better link: http://d-tips.com/General/Articles/a...sket/art10.art

I can probably do it for around 300 dollars but I'm afraid that I might screw up the pushrods.

As long as you have time on your hands and somewhat mechanically inclined, you'll be fine... you can get paranoid about it and label every single piece you disconnect or remove... and even take pictures.

It's a great learning experience for sure though!

BTW great looking car for the price.
Malibu369258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:16 PM   #42
Thewolf
GX Member

Thewolf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu369258 View Post
As long as you have time on your hands and somewhat mechanically inclined, you'll be fine... you can get paranoid about it and label every single piece you disconnect or remove... and even take pictures.

It's a great learning experience for sure though!

BTW great looking car for the price.

I can do it myself if I want, but there's one problem...I don't think that they sell the metal LIM gasket in Canada. Only the plastic ones. I've heard that autozone in the states sells the metal gasket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
you might have just inspired me to do that in the future....im gonna get the stock rims chromed!

To me the polished alero rims looks chromed to me, that's why I said that it was chromed and not polished. It'll be pretty cool to see the alero rims chromed, probably the first to do that.

Last edited by Thewolf : 08-28-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:09 PM   #43
Rexter9x
V.I.P. Member

Rexter9x is on a distinguished road
You can get the metal lim gaskets here in ontario. They should be fairly easy to find too
Rexter9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #44
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
you just need the felpro part number. I'm sure that number doesn't change, internationally.

and for the pushrods. take them out, and lay them on something soft (large rag, newspaper..etc. in the exact order you removed them. then reassemble the exact same way.

I had a friend help, who had more engine experience then me, but then when i saw how... i was embarassed i didn't do it myself.(he was there for mostly just pushrod help, i did damn near everything else myself) Took one full day...and i'm VERY green with engines.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #45
Thewolf
GX Member

I'll probably do it myself then. I'll have to get a torque wrench first though. But does that metal gasket come with the gasket alone or does it come with the complete kit?
Old 08-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #46
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
http://wot-tech.com/shop/all/1996-20.../prod_118.html
Old 08-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #47
Thewolf
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttop191 View Post

Thanks for all the help.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #48
Ttop191
GLS member

no problem, I'm sure Ben would be willing to give you a few tips as well
Old 08-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #49
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
probably the first to do that.

Yup Along with the pacesetter exhaust on a 3400...hehe. BTW if your in the market for an exhaust and want something that will last and works best for you....go with a 2.25in pipe and dont go pacesetter....it will rot out in a year and a half...lol. it sounds good, worked good...only thing is it was a 2.5in which you dont really need unless you plan on building your motor....so....your options are....custom exhaust, borla(most expensive) or pacesetter (which you will have to replace in a year and a half....)...i have the borla now...sounds good...especially after its broken in

Good luck! Happy modding
Old 08-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #50
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
don't be a kitten, go with 2.5 or go home...
Old 08-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #51
Thewolf
GX Member

Quote:
Yup Along with the pacesetter exhaust on a 3400...hehe. BTW if your in the market for an exhaust and want something that will last and works best for you....go with a 2.25in pipe and dont go pacesetter....it will rot out in a year and a half...lol. it sounds good, worked good...only thing is it was a 2.5in which you dont really need unless you plan on building your motor....so....your options are....custom exhaust, borla(most expensive) or pacesetter (which you will have to replace in a year and a half....)...i have the borla now...sounds good...especially after its broken in

Good luck! Happy modding

I am in the market for a exhaust. I want to hear that V6 roar or should I say rasp lol. How much is that Borla exhaust? around 800 dollars? And which one is better a full complete exhaust system with a high-flow cat or just a muffler tip for the sound?
Old 08-31-2010, 12:44 AM   #52
Ttop191
GLS member

Quote:
I am in the market for a exhaust. I want to hear that V6 roar or should I say rasp lol. How much is that Borla exhaust? around 800 dollars? And which one is better a full complete exhaust system with a high-flow cat or just a muffler tip for the sound?

go all out full set up
Old 08-31-2010, 10:25 AM   #53
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttop191 View Post
go all out full set up

x2. borla is stainless steel so it wont rust out like the pacesetter. u can buy the borla for around $800 or just buy a muffler and bring ur car to an exhaust shop near you and have them make an exhaust....dont just do a muffler...1.it wont do shit for you except make the car sound like POO and 2. u will never hear the end of it on here
Old 08-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #54
Thewolf
GX Member

Quote:
x2. borla is stainless steel so it wont rust out like the pacesetter. u can buy the borla for around $800 or just buy a muffler and bring ur car to an exhaust shop near you and have them make an exhaust....dont just do a muffler...1.it wont do shit for you except make the car sound like POO and 2. u will never hear the end of it on here

There's enough fighting here so might as well do a full complete exhaust. lol
Old 09-01-2010, 01:11 AM   #55
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
i dont see how having just an aftermarket muffler will make the car sound bad. when i first got my alero, i installed a borla muffler, mainly because i couldnt afford the entire exhaust system being redone,and i also planned on getting a header(2.4), and didnt want to have to go to the exhaust place more than once. that was a couple years ago, and ive still got just the muffler (still have more important things to pay for than exhaust), and it sounds quite good. i also did notice a slight performance increase, whether or not it is in my head, i dont know.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #56
Thewolf
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterider00 View Post
i dont see how having just an aftermarket muffler will make the car sound bad. when i first got my alero, i installed a borla muffler, mainly because i couldnt afford the entire exhaust system being redone,and i also planned on getting a header(2.4), and didnt want to have to go to the exhaust place more than once. that was a couple years ago, and ive still got just the muffler (still have more important things to pay for than exhaust), and it sounds quite good. i also did notice a slight performance increase, whether or not it is in my head, i dont know.

If I'll spend that much money on a muffler I might as well put some more money and get a full exhaust setup.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #57
JunkProwler
GX Member

JunkProwler is on a distinguished road
http://www.finishlinewheels.com/OLDS...00/A-06036U85/

Chrome. I've seen a car with them in real life, but they were the 16" ones with more squarish spokes. Unless she bought them after she got the car, but i doubt it. She didn't even change her oil.

Last edited by JunkProwler : 09-01-2010 at 05:53 PM.
JunkProwler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #58
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkProwler View Post

Chrome. I've seen a car with them in real life, but they were the 16" ones with more squarish spokes. Unless she bought them after she got the car, but i doubt it. She didn't even change her oil.

don't be ignorant, they aren't chrome....trust me.....
Old 09-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #59
Thewolf
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkProwler View Post

And who's "She"?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #60
Thewolf
GX Member

In details this is exactly what options I have on my Alero, taken from this link: http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...l3-options.htm

-P225/50VR16 ALL-SEASON PERFORMANCE SBR BSW TIRES
(REQ: R7X Sport Pkg)
-CLOTH TRIM
(STD)
-ETR AM/FM STEREO W/CASSETTE/COMPACT DISC/AUTO TONE CONTROL
-inc: seek-scan, auto-reverse, 6-speaker Dimensional Sound system, digital clock
-16" SILVER ALUMINUM WHEELS
(REQ: R7X Sport Pkg)
-remote keyless entry, foglamps, leather-wrapped steering wheel/shift knob
-inc: P225/50VR16 performance tires, 16" silver aluminum wheels, performance sport suspension system
-PWR 6-WAY DRIVER SEAT ADJUSTER
-GOLD PKG
-inc: front/rear emblems, rear panel lettering