Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 02-25-2007, 08:15 PM   #1
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
Bosch Platinum Fusions

useless.. absolutely worthless.

I put some of these on the car thinking they would be somewhat better than the original ones, and BOY was i wrong (puts a whole new meaning to "learn from your mistakes"

Installation was fairly easy.. put new wires in along with them, took the car for a spin.. and what in the hell. The car stumbled horridly and i couldnt even spin tire on a DIRT road.. so we (me and my cousin) head back to the house to check for a loose wire / disconnected wire.. nothing.. pulled one of the plugs, and it was BLACK on the tip, pulled another one, the white part of it was CRACKED, pulled another one, cracked, pulled another one.. cracked. Pulled the last 2, and amazingly they were actually intact and fairly new looking.

Took them back to Auto Zone, and they wouldnt take them back.. so i said screw it and paid 30 bucks for a set of AC Delco rapid fires and stuck em in, WHAT a difference. tested out the performance and i laid about 8 feet of rubber.

Why are the platinum fusions so damn fragile? at 10 dollars a plug, you'd think they could handle a little V6, didnt tighten them very tight..

SO, 3 cracked spark plugs and a burnt one later, not to mention 100+ dollars later, my car is idling smoother, picking up alot better, and starting without hesitation.

-never- will i buy another item that says "Bosch" on it. And try not to flame me for getting Bosch, this was a learning experiance, and i learned the hard way.

Lesson Learned!

I'll take pictures of the Bosch plugs here in the very near future.
Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:30 PM   #2
alero_ecotec
Special Agent

alero_ecotec is an unknown quantity at this point
I went to autozone to buy some Bosch Platinum 4's for my buick when I still had it. The guy refused to sell them to me, he said they missfire like crazy and are really worthless. I actually had a friend who put some in his Grand Am, and sure enough, missfiring like crazy.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:49 PM   #3
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
i couldnt believe the stumbling i was getting.. and the damn things fell apart on me.

i got Rapid Fires for HALF the price of the fusions, the rapid fires were 30 bucks.
Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:20 PM   #4
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
lol

not all bosch stuff is crap. i have a bosch o2 sensor and it works fine.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:31 PM   #5
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
when my car was missfiring last time i replaced all my ngk iridiums with autolites for like $14. It runs exactly the same with a $14 set of plugs compared to a $30+ set of plugs.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:40 AM   #6
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Do yourself a favor and next time just get the new 41-101 ACDelco Iridium plugs that go in all the newer 3400s. They last longer too.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:06 AM   #7
Chopper
GX Member

Chopper is on a distinguished road
Through my 24 years of car driving I have never had a vehicle running smooth on Bosch sparks. They have always been crap. I have found NGK, Delco and Lodge to be the best. All of them have been better as worn out than new Bosch sparks.
Their other products seems ok. Most of european cars uses bosch for nearly everything, except the sparks...
Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:48 AM   #8
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
autolites or ac delco's ftw

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:58 PM   #9
Jferg2223
GL Member

Jferg2223 is on a distinguished road
Same problem with my probe man. Read the packaging bosch will take them back i sent mine in and remarkably the ones they sent me back actually worked. They probably got tired of me hasseling so they made me a set worth a damn. For my alero i went and spent the extra money for the lifetime NGK Iridium Plugs
MSD Coils - NGK Iridium Plugs - Taylor Wires - 62mm RSM Throttle Body - DHP PCM- 180 Stat - TPS Enhancer - Custom 3" CAI - Thunderbolt Spin Cat no resonator - Dynomax Dual exhaust w/ Borla Tips- Cleared Corners/Black Bezels
Jferg2223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:19 PM   #10
Whitetigerboi83
V.I.P. Member

Whitetigerboi83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via MSN to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via Yahoo to Whitetigerboi83
i have bosch platnium iridiums in for little over a month now no problem and if the auto store wouldnt take them back call bosch tell them to pay u back for them.. or go to different store and talk to the manager
Old 02-26-2007, 04:48 PM   #11
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I had Bosch Platinuum +4's in the Alero. Ran fine for about a year, then it starting missing. So bad that I almost sold the car.

Also had the Bosch in the Delta, that missed so bad, it wouldn't run

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote