Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 07-31-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
New Tires! Yeah

Well I'm so happy that I had to share. This has been a good week, first I get a new plasma TV, next I get a hell of a deal on Brand New Nitto NEO GEN 225/35/20....How much did I pay you ask....327 bucks for all three. Why three? Cause thats all I needed, anyway moving along. My neighbor works for a local dealership and got them directly from american tire for like 106 a piece plus that crappy change they charge, and NO TAX.

I love it. Oh it gets better cause as soon as I got them I went to one of the local shops and had them put on for 20 bucks a wheel. I'm cheesing right now.

So why do I say this is a deal, because everywhere else I checked those tires were 176 to 186 bucks a piece, and charging 50 bucks a wheel to have them mounted and balanced. I didn't pray for this but God is Good!
Old 07-31-2008, 10:39 AM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Uh, Belle Tire mounts/balances all wheels/tires for $60, total. Never heard of a place that would charge $50 PER wheel, that's laughable.

Why 3? When you do tires you do all four. Or the bare minimum front/rear two, never an unbalanced amount.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I did three cause the other one was absolutely fine, and I'm not spending more when I don't have to. With the tires being so cheap I'll get it when I need it.

As far as the price per wheel, you have never lived in this rape the poor town that I live in. They screw you every chance they get, and without KY. Not to many places charge the same price to mount and balance regular wheels as they do custom wheels.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:45 AM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Well the water channels and traction are completely different when you compare two different tires, regardless of how much tread they have. Should be interesting driving in the rain. That wheel will also be spinning slightly faster or slower depending on tire size/tread wear and won't behave exactly the same.

The difference might be minimal, I don't know. I'd never do the job halfway, I'd do it all the first time and ensure it's as it should be.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:46 AM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i agree... for 106, i would have gotten all 4, and kept the other as a spare incase of a blow out... but thats me.

have any recent epic fails in your life? if not, you got some coming for ya... good things don't happen in groups... ever.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:59 AM   #6
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Well the water channels and traction are completely different when you compare two different tires, regardless of how much tread they have. Should be interesting driving in the rain. That wheel will also be spinning slightly faster or slower depending on tire size/tread wear and won't behave exactly the same.

The difference might be minimal, I don't know. I'd never do the job halfway, I'd do it all the first time and ensure it's as it should be.
Well technically I did the job 3/4 the way, but in any event as long as it goes I'm fine with that. Oddly enough I have plenty of tread left on that tire, so I didn't see a noticeabl difference in the rain, cause it is raining here off and on, and she held up like a champ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
i agree... for 106, i would have gotten all 4, and kept the other as a spare incase of a blow out... but thats me.

have any recent epic fails in your life? if not, you got some coming for ya... good things don't happen in groups... ever.
Haven't had any epics fails as of late, but don't count me out yet, and I just had the third best thing happen to me this week, I got componet cables for the ps2 for like 6 bucks brand new, and the TV I bought dropped down to 727 so I got 20 bucks back from that.

Oh soothsayers of doom! As the christians say "I rebuke you". LOL
Old 07-31-2008, 12:27 PM   #7
mach3
V.I.P. Member

mach3 is on a distinguished road
Hey Lonnie,

How did you manage to fit 20's on your alero with those tires? I test fitted with Neo Gens with even lower profile on 20's (225/30/20) and they were rubbing against the wheel well lining. I ended having to go with FK452's
(235/30/20). The rims were just too wide for 225's. Even now it still rubs a little on the passenger side.
mach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:06 PM   #8
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
I just got new tires too ^5. Just stock size tho, I paid $280 for 4 and got a $50 visa gift card.

As far as just buying 3 goes, you need to put your 4th old one on the rear passenger wheel, that one wears the slowest. If your tires are directional like mine tho, you won't be able to rotate from side to side, only front to back.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:14 PM   #9
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
pics or death!

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:18 PM   #10
JOEY GLADSTONE
GX Member

JOEY GLADSTONE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Uh, Belle Tire mounts/balances all wheels/tires for $60, total. Never heard of a place that would charge $50 PER wheel, that's laughable.

i was charged 36.50ea for my OSVs and thats a decent deal here.
JOEY GLADSTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:19 PM   #11
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach3 View Post
Hey Lonnie,

How did you manage to fit 20's on your alero with those tires? I test fitted with Neo Gens with even lower profile on 20's (225/30/20) and they were rubbing against the wheel well lining. I ended having to go with FK452's
(235/30/20). The rims were just too wide for 225's. Even now it still rubs a little on the passenger side.
Well all this time I thought I didn't have spacers on...well guess what I have spacers in the rear, but not in the front. The tires do rub a little at first but that goes away pretty quick, and haven't had an issue yet. I think it also depends on the alignment of the wheels cause it is strange that the fronts don't rub, at least to me. But if you look down the side of my car the wheels don't hang out of the wheel well.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:23 PM   #12
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
your supposed to change all 4..... having 1 tire with a diff tread design and less tread is not a good idea
Old 07-31-2008, 03:16 PM   #13
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
Good deal Lonnie hope it keeps going your way...maybe you should try playing lotto.$$$$$
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:21 PM   #14
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
your supposed to change all 4..... having 1 tire with a diff tread design and less tread is not a good idea

odd.. i figured this room has too much furniture to have an echo like that...

Old 07-31-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
LOL, it never hurts to say it again ;-)
Old 07-31-2008, 03:26 PM   #16
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
odd.. i figured this room has too much furniture to have an echo like that...

Ha Ha Ha
Old 07-31-2008, 03:27 PM   #17
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickyslick View Post
Good deal Lonnie hope it keeps going your way...maybe you should try playing lotto.$$$$$
Thanks but I suck at numbers, as soon as I do I'll lose badly!
Old 07-31-2008, 06:00 PM   #18
01silveralero
Aleromod's most pointless thread starter

01silveralero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post

^billy is actually right for once
when i first noticed i needed tires i changed the front 2 then shortly later (no more than 2 weeks) rotated them to the back and got 2 more for the front. it "felt almost" like a rwd car. her ass just wanted to go straight out whenever i turned her around turns fast or reasonably fast. it also didnt help with almost sticky like tires in the front with 4/32nds tread left on the back.
New project 1992 460 big block ford notchback mustang
Goal - Mid 11s all motor.
01silveralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:48 PM   #19
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

The tires I bought are the exact same ones that came off, so there is no difference in tread design, and the on that is left on there has a whole lot of tread left on them, less yes but not enough to notice a difference.