Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 11-29-2003, 10:55 PM   #1
99Olds

My question is does the throttle position enhancer really help performance wise? If i put it on my car would it be a really noticeable change. The same with the Autotrans Interceptor would it be a noticeable change? I'm trying to get some performance parts and i want them to be worth it. For sure im going to buy cold air intake. Any Suggestions?
Old 11-29-2003, 11:01 PM   #2
dopey

throttle position enhanser is a waste. dont bother.

autotrans isnt bad. u will notice a difference in ur shifts. but alotta people dont like it cause they feel it puts an extra strain on the tranny.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:27 PM   #3
99Olds

Thanks for the input, so it wont make a difference at all is what you are saying. So what else would u put in to get more power besides the intake and exhaust?
Old 11-30-2003, 12:29 AM   #4
Alerosince99

Headers if you got the doh! This mod would work very well with exhaust and intake.

Or you could go with a crank pulley, which is alot cheaper but wont net you a ton of hp but it will be throughout the whole rpm band.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:23 PM   #5
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
i have the tps/tec and it does help a little on throttle response. but that is a 2.4. it would have same effect on v-6. just throttle respose
Old 12-01-2003, 12:28 AM   #6
loudalero

About all it does on the v6 is help to destroy any gas milage that you thought you had
Old 12-06-2003, 10:26 PM   #7
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I have the Throttle Enhancer and it doesn't do too much. I think it slows you down, personally.

Does anybody else have input on the Auto Trans shifter? I though it helped the Tranny.

Did anyone replace a tranny in their Alero? As a mod or performance?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:14 PM   #8
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
does it hurt your trans at all?
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:44 PM   #9
overdrive75

Shifting at max line is good for the clutches, but not always good for the shafting, and other torque transfering parts. You have shock loading going on, which is the worst kind. Also, moving the shift lines from what is calibrated in there is not a good thing on the stock or mildly modded engine. The people that calibrated those lines are professionals, and those lines are where they are for a reason, not just transmission durrability but also engine durability and performance and fuel economy.