Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 12-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #1
Goodman
GX Member

Goodman is on a distinguished road
Repair cost..?

Well last week at a 4 corners when it was my turn to go a woman (late 50's early 60's) hit my car on the rear passenger door , she was looking to her left to see if a car was coming while she was turning to her right without looking in front of her , where I was...

I saw her starting moving & then I said to myself she will see me & stop but noooo!! she hit me....
funny thing is when we got out of the cars the first thing she said to me was >Where did you come from? I didn't see you<
I replied >I was just in front of you , how could you not see me?

She wanted to just write down our phone & assurance number on a little piece of paper & I refused & ask for the police to come which they did

Anyways as far as I know she got a ticket for not doing her stop sign...
My assurance only cover other cars but my own except if I am not in fault like in this case
My assurance took all the info & send someone to my home yesterday to estimated the damage on my car & he ask me where I usually got to repair my car & I replied that I usually fix my car on my own in my garage

So he then ask me if I could repair this door on my own & I said yes
he then said that the assurance will get me a new door (from scrap ward) + the paint & a check for the job but I forgot to ask him how much he think that would cost

So what do you guys think that would cost in a body shop?
If it's a $1500 job & they offer me only $400-500 I'll refused the offer & ask for more

Thanks!

Mikey

Last edited by Goodman : 12-11-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't forget the cost to re tint the Windows... also make sure to get an alignment... just in case it threw out the rear wheel and check the rear suspension for damages as well...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:12 PM   #3
Goodman
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
Don't forget the cost to re tint the Windows... also make sure to get an alignment... just in case it threw out the rear wheel and check the rear suspension for damages as well...

The tinted window... very good point I didn't think about that

Although the guy from the assurance that came & looked at the damage might figured this in the estimated but still good that you point that out I'll make sure it is included in the estimated cost...

Thanks!

As for the rest I am sure it's all good as only the door is damage there is no dent on the rear wheel well only some scratches & nothing touch the tire but i guess it won't hurt to check that out

Mikey

Last edited by Goodman : 12-11-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:19 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I HATE people that pull into 2 way traffic only looking in on direction. But to be fair, they did check the traffic the other way 2 minutes ago

Doesn't look like much damage. Glad you're okay and the car will be fine

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #5
Goodman
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
I HATE people that pull into 2 way traffic only looking in on direction. But to be fair, they did check the traffic the other way 2 minutes ago

Doesn't look like much damage. Glad you're okay and the car will be fine

Yeah! everybody is fine but it's not like we were going fast...

Anyhow I thought by now that Bdyman would have come & give his estimate on my damage door...

Last edited by Goodman : 12-14-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #6
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
He's not on much if at all anymore unfortunately... a lot of the older really knowledgeable members aren't on much... it's too bad but people move on and life gets busy...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #7
Goodman
GX Member

Well got a call from my assurance today & they offer my $745 since I will fix it on my own the check would cover everything from the door to paint + installation

They said that the door is $200 & the rest is for the paint + my time ($15hrs) to fix it , I ask them about the tinted window & told me that all I have to do is transfer my tinted window to the new door so I won't have to re-tinted the new door , which seems logical...

Anyways I think I am going to accept the check as I phone a scrap ward near my home & a complete door is $100 , I probably would not change my door & just repair this one this coming spring , I may not fix it as perfect as a new door but as long as it doesn't show to much I'll be happy , if that doesn't work well then I'll buy a new door which $100 is not much of a deal to spend & paint wont be a problem...

Mikey
Old 01-10-2015, 10:40 AM   #8
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
Are you gonna fix the quater
What bout the blending the front door
And all the rust issues on the quater
I would either fix the quater or replace it per gm warranty rust issue
Anyways
We do r&i all the door components ha know
If we scratch tinted windows then the shop will have it re tinted
Lol I gotta ask are you a bodyman and or painter
I'm sure your gonna hop back on the forum here and ask all kind of questions about paint and bodywork
Can't help ya
If your not a tech then please leave it to us pros
Cuz in the long run it will cost you more money to have it fixed the right way
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:04 PM   #9
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
Well last week at a 4 corners when it was my turn to go a woman (late 50's early 60's) hit my car on the rear passenger door , she was looking to her left to see if a car was coming while she was turning to her right without looking in front of her , where I was...

I saw her starting moving & then I said to myself she will see me & stop but noooo!! she hit me....

Obligatory woman driver comment.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote