Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > West Coast

Old 02-03-2005, 11:52 PM   #21
AleroBloke

yeah naich is selling guys, pretty reasonble too, i should be posting a product review soon as he ships it to me. hehehe. but yeah, shoot him a pm, i think its gonn be 120 shipped..which is reasonable. i like it. yeah bro, shoot me a pm sometimes, and my email is bloke21@msn.com hit me up anytime bro if you need any tips and stuff, i've learned from the best here at alermod.com, but with clearing your headlights and stuff, just shoot me a pm ad i can help you out.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:51 AM   #22
LittleK

i messaged naich a while ago with no reply maybe i'll hit him up again, but it will probably a month and a half befor i can can a CAI so i'm in no hurry. i have other thinks i want to get done first. like a DVD player and stuff like that.

//LittleK
Old 02-04-2005, 12:46 PM   #23
PapaBear101

Most of my friends with Aleros are slowly trading them out for something newer, so I think it is going to be hard to get a group together. But if you want to get into the modding community, get your car into local car shows... also head down to RMR this summer, and put your ride in for a few races. You'll get noticed real quick.

LittleK... a buddy of mine has worked for Car concepts, Circuit City, and now at RC Willey. And he is the one who helped me put my system in my ride... He says that even though RC willey does not have a HUGE selection, RC Willey can get you the best price on what they do have. I had three 10" POLKS with 2 MTX thunders amp.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:14 AM   #24
LittleK

Hmmmm i'm going to get my video system going then once i do i'll go for a sound system. :S i wish i had more money.

//LittleK
Old 02-05-2005, 12:59 PM   #25
AleroBloke

i bought my soundsystem from rcwilley's , a really good, deal all around it costed me about 1000 bucks..for the deck, two pioneer 500 watt 6x9's or something like that, I had to buy an amp to power them so it was a pretty good deal. I am getting two subs soon, and i'mg onna do the fiberglass mod thing, just as soon as i do more research on exactly what i need and how to do it. so jus waitng till next paycheck to buy some more mods.haha.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:29 PM   #26
LittleK

I work at a bodyshop and i've been asking people if they know how to do fiberglass, no one has steped up to the plate. once i get some one to i think i'm going to see if they cant help me with a few things. For a system, i think thats going to have to wait a little bit, i'm going to do my video system, maybe some performance, i dont know what to do i'm split between a system and performance mods :S I'm going to talk to my cousin and see if we cant get stuff for wholesale, if we can i might be able to hook you up with some subs. i'll talk to him see if i cant get things going (again)

//LittleK
Old 02-05-2005, 02:28 PM   #27
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
what kind of fiberglass work are you trying to do? forgive me if it was mentioned, because i didnt read the whole thread
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 03:02 PM   #28
LittleK

i dont think i did mention, i want to have a LCD screen put in where the stock radio is, then move the HVAC down so where the empty hole is and where the HVAC used to be, put a dvd/cd/mp3 player. but i'm thinking its not really worth the hassle of doing the fiberglass stuff, i might just mount the DVD player in the glovebox or center console. What do you guys think?

//LittleK
Old 02-07-2005, 03:04 PM   #29
AleroBloke

Happy b-day littlek! haha, but yeah, that sounds awesome, I wanted to do the fiberglassing this past weekend, but is snowed a butt load here. so I had to put it off, but yeah, hook me up with a deal bro, I need to get my body kit painted, how much would you charge to paint the kit, I already have the color to match my stock paint job.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:59 PM   #30
PapaBear101

Yeah Happy birthday LittleK.

And i would say go with the glovebox.. Or you can get a mp4 ...http://www.crutchfield.com/S-CjjR97z...sp?i=133VD7500
Old 02-08-2005, 01:46 AM   #31
LittleK

Heh thanks guys. I need to talk to him again and get things going. he has most of the stuff needed (business licence and such) I'll let you know the progress of it all. Yeah it sucks trying to work in snow i do it allday. I dont know how much it costs, i dont deal with painters and stuff like that. As of right now, we dont do body kits and stuff, but i think we totally should, there is such a huge untaped market down here its insane. We could easly do alot of stuff on the side, with painting kits, putting on kits, custom paint jobs, just simple stuff. People will shell alot of money for that too. i need to talk to my boss. thats all for now

//LittleK
Old 02-09-2005, 06:29 PM   #32
PapaBear101

You know who does some great work. Macco... At the dealership I used to work at we used to sublet all of our paint jobs to Macco. Plus a buddy of mine has had three of his cars painted by them and on two of them its been about 4 years and the paint still looks like it just came out of the shop...

You might want to consider them Bloke
Old 02-09-2005, 10:25 PM   #33
AleroBloke

I have papa, I just haven't heard good things about them, I know i've heard SOME good things, but too many bad things. It just steers me away. I found a guy to do it, for about 200 bucks total. including color matching paint he owns a body shop in murray. so it is all good when I get the kit
Old 02-10-2005, 09:09 PM   #34
LittleK

i dont remember what kind of paint macco uses, its not very good though. What we use lacquer based. Both paints are Sherwin Williams brand, just different lines. But i know the paint we use is lifetime guaranteed. Macco doesnt do alot of proper prep work and their paint blows.... But thats just my opinion.

//LittleK
Old 02-11-2005, 10:17 AM   #35
PapaBear101

Yeah I've heard all of the same complaints but I do know for a fact that while I was working at the dealer we never had a unsatisfied customer. But I personally have not had the need for paint so I couldn't give you my personal opinion....

So either one of you get some fiber glassing done yet???
Do either one of you have pics of your rides?
My Girl
Old 02-11-2005, 09:28 PM   #36
AleroBloke

No I don't have a picture of my baby right now. I will get my digital camera back next week, plus i'm waiting for the right weather to was my car and shine her up. but soon. haha,, hopefully If it is better weather tomarrow, i will buy a disposable camera and shoot some shots. and take it to the 1 hour photo lab at smiths..lata
Old 02-13-2005, 03:40 PM   #37
LittleK

yeah i just took some like an hour ago. I'm clearing my corners right now. I'm just taking a break from it, my hands hurt. I'm using a small screw driver and the end of it is digging into my hand i just need to clean it out a little more and put it back together then one side will be done, i'll get a picture of befor the clears when i'm done doing this one, then i'll do an after one when i'm finished with both.

No i havnt done any fiberglass work yet, every one i've talked to says its a mess. so i think i'm just going to do a glovebox or consle mounted thing, we'll see though.

//LittleK
Old 02-13-2005, 05:12 PM   #38
LittleK

Alright here she is, shes kinda dirty, sooo

//LittleK
Old 02-13-2005, 05:12 PM   #39
LittleK

aaaand one more

//LittleK
Old 02-14-2005, 12:48 PM   #40
PapaBear101

Good looking ride, I’ve always liked that color. If I hadn't gotten white I'd have gotten silver.

If I can make a small recommendation... paint the mirrors the same color as your car. I did it to my Alero and it gave it a different look.