Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 11-11-2007, 12:56 AM   #1
dtldiaspora
GX Member

dtldiaspora is on a distinguished road
one problem after the other...

ok so i figured the only thing wrong with my car was a bad upstream o2 sensor, turns out i may have been wrong now... when i read the codes on my car i got 3 diff ones p0135 - which is the o2 sensor, p0301 - which is cylinder 1 misfire, and p0403 which has somethin to do with gas recirculation circuit or something...

ok so now im not to sure on what i should do, before i took my car to the mechniac that rebuilt the top end of my motor i never had these codes pop up, he had replaced my spark plugs and everything and even told me i needed a new cat, so now im not sure if he hooked everything up right or not...
dtldiaspora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:58 AM   #2
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
take it back to the guy and let him figure it out...

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:08 AM   #3
dtldiaspora
GX Member

im almost hesitant on doing that, because this being the same guy that said he couldnt get his scanner to read any codes , but as soon as i took it back to him to fix that valve cover leak, i told him i was able to get someone to read the codes, when i came to pick my car up the next day he said he had cleared the codes they just came back.. im starting to wish i never took it to him, because now i think i got another valve cover leak, which im gonna take back to him for him to fix yet again, i looked under my car cause my exhaust was rattling, i guess from the engine idling so rough, i think he may have charged me for a new cat and didnt replace it!

but im not sure so today im going to my friends house and gonna put it on ramps and look and see if its a new cat or not, because he charged me $250 just for the cat alone... gosh i shoulda just switched my entire engine out somethin for all this trouble...
Old 11-11-2007, 10:45 AM   #4
dtldiaspora
GX Member

hmm i got a question, could the EGR valve needing to be replaced cause a misfire? or is it more likely that the misfire is what making my egr code come up? cause i just replaced the EGR valve back in feb.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:20 AM   #5
freakout
V.I.P. Member

freakout is an unknown quantity at this point
Take it somewhere for a second opinion. If they think your previous mechanic made some mistakes and over/mischarged you get a written estimate and go see him. Don't have them just do the repairs. Let the other guy see it first. I'd take all your receipts and see if they think he did the work he said as well, if your concerned about it.

What a great damn day, I can walk!
freakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:56 PM   #6
bigfrye
GX Member

bigfrye is on a distinguished road
ok

You need to fix your misfire first. Chances are your "02 code" is caused by the lean condition. EGR is most likely not going to cause a misfire on one cylinder, to my knowledge anyway. I would imagine the EGR valve is sticking, could try to clean it. Can you feel it misfiring?
bigfrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:21 PM   #7
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I haven't had much of the problems people seem to have with the 3400.... Is it possible I have a factory freak???
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:51 PM   #8
Jferg2223
GL Member

Jferg2223 is on a distinguished road
dude you dont have a factory freak. i havnt heard of an alero factory freak frostbite thinks he has one but he races in 30 degree weather any car is faster than stock in thirty degree weather. And dont jinx yourself i said i didnt have any problems then bam the next day window regulator broke. Only use the term factory freak in speed terms it doesnt count with mechanical problems that shit could have been replaced before you owned the car.
MSD Coils - NGK Iridium Plugs - Taylor Wires - 62mm RSM Throttle Body - DHP PCM- 180 Stat - TPS Enhancer - Custom 3" CAI - Thunderbolt Spin Cat no resonator - Dynomax Dual exhaust w/ Borla Tips- Cleared Corners/Black Bezels
Jferg2223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #9
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jferg2223 View Post
dude you dont have a factory freak. i havnt heard of an alero factory freak frostbite thinks he has one but he races in 30 degree weather any car is faster than stock in thirty degree weather. And dont jinx yourself i said i didnt have any problems then bam the next day window regulator broke. Only use the term factory freak in speed terms it doesnt count with mechanical problems that shit could have been replaced before you owned the car.

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #10
Jferg2223
GL Member

lol^ its true
MSD Coils - NGK Iridium Plugs - Taylor Wires - 62mm RSM Throttle Body - DHP PCM- 180 Stat - TPS Enhancer - Custom 3" CAI - Thunderbolt Spin Cat no resonator - Dynomax Dual exhaust w/ Borla Tips- Cleared Corners/Black Bezels
Old 11-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #11
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I wasn't serious when I said that. lol geeze... My car has some problems, but the last major problem I had was my waterpump leaking... I think my next thing to go will be a window regulator... My driver's side one likes to mess up every now and then... And if you have a little brother like me, nothing on the exterior is safe...... which is why I'm needing a new side mirror...
Old 11-14-2007, 03:36 PM   #12
Jferg2223
GL Member

thats why i moved out so my little brother doesnt mess with my shit. now he has his own car and i just cleared his corners for him.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:16 PM   #13
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
So you act like it's wrong to run in 30* weather. So I guess my 14.53 don't count, nor does my 14.82 when it was 60*

For the guy who started the thread:

How old are you? If you are a young kid, he might be trying to rip you off becasue he thinks "you don't know any better"

He should fix the problems, for free. If they weren't there before

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:20 PM   #14
01silveralero
Aleromod's most pointless thread starter

01silveralero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
So you act like it's wrong to run in 30* weather. So I guess my 14.53 don't count, nor does my 14.82 when it was 60*

How old are you? If you are a young kid, he might be trying to rip you off becasue he thinks "you don't know any better"

nope nothing counts its the internet.........
New project 1992 460 big block ford notchback mustang
Goal - Mid 11s all motor.
01silveralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:23 PM   #15
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jferg2223 View Post
thats why i moved out so my little brother doesnt mess with my shit. now he has his own car and i just cleared his corners for him.

I'm working on moving out. lol got another year though... I knew it was coming.... He already wrecked one car, blew a tire on his car, and now he knocked the mirror off of mine... I think my dad's truck is next, and I don't know what is going to happen to it.....
Old 11-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #16
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
^^ better hope you can afford it, doesn't really sound like your parents can help you if anything happens.

They are already paying those high insurance premiums

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:08 PM   #17
dtldiaspora
GX Member

im 23, i dont think he expected me to check the shit he did, but he knew the person that told me to go to him knows about cars etc, i mean i know a enough to do my own shit just didnt have the tools or the place to do it at, to replace everthing that needed to be replaced,

im thinking the egr mighta went out whenever my old cat went out, because now that ive replaced my o2 sensor, idont got that code any more, and usually my first code i get is the p0403 and if i wait a lil while b4 i clear it out ill get the 301 misfire code,
Old 11-14-2007, 07:55 PM   #18
Jferg2223
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post

no its not wrong i want to run in thirty degree weather also i just dont think that there is a factory freak. now if frost had all of your mods and ran high 13's yes he has a freak. and with your mods i would expect you to run mid 14's.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:45 PM   #19
AsianAlero
GX Member

AsianAlero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AsianAlero
what brand o2 sensors did you buy?
AsianAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:54 PM   #20
dtldiaspora
GX Member