Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 12-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Interior work.

This is like the third one I've started I believe. After taking into consideration about the possibility of my interior becoming all riced out, I decided to rethink things about doing the interior.... However, I also looked at the possibility of replacing interior pieces, but I can't find any replacement pieces except for maybe junk yard pieces. The only problem I had with that is the condition most of the pieces I found were in. A lot of them have been sitting out there in the rain and whatnot and are all moldy and gross. So I fear I am left with no choice other than to tear everything out and recover it all with new fabric or just leave it as it is (one door is stock minus speaker area, other door is black and blue...... dash looks alright but not good....)

So it really all comes down to this question.... If I recover everything, should I stick with the stock colors or go for a custom look? If I go custom, should I stick with leather (a little expensive) or some other fabric???

If I do custom, I'm not 100% sure what colors I want to do or how exactly I want to put it together.... IF you have any suggestions for colors for a midnight blue alero, please pitch them out.

Edit: Also I'm wanting to do this myself so I'm not spending BIG bucks over this as I am also wanting to update my sound system a bit....

Last edited by cavaliers60 : 12-07-2007 at 03:06 PM.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #2
CharleyO99Alero
GL Member

CharleyO99Alero is on a distinguished road

Grey interior would look good with the exterior color. White would look nice but shows dirt easier. Black also works but will make the car look too dark. Leather or premium grade vinyl will be durable, easy to clean, but in time cracks which surely does not look good. A high grade of clothe can also be durable, not as easy to clean, but comes in more varieties of color and design. Personally, I would go with 2-tone grey clothe interior using a high grade of clothe. If you you wanted to protect the clothe from stains, you could add those high grade clear vinyl covers over the clothe.

You could do the interior in Smurf Blue as that would match also.

CharleyO99Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:55 PM   #3
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
id keep it stock looking since you car is stock and you arent planning on changing that.
i was going to glass which i am still but not to shinny apperance im goingto rewrap in either sued or maybe crush.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #4
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpalero2003 View Post
id keep it stock looking since you car is stock and you arent planning on changing that.
i was going to glass which i am still but not to shinny apperance im goingto rewrap in either sued or maybe crush.

It's not going to be completely stock anymore on the outside... I'll be getting Grand am GT mirrors. Still 90% stock though. But I like the mostly stock look.... Why change it??? If anything I will add a mesh grill on the front... But I want something done with the interior... It's just a horrible disaster. lol
Old 12-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #5
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyO99Alero View Post

Grey interior would look good with the exterior color. White would look nice but shows dirt easier. Black also works but will make the car look too dark. Leather or premium grade vinyl will be durable, easy to clean, but in time cracks which surely does not look good. A high grade of clothe can also be durable, not as easy to clean, but comes in more varieties of color and design. Personally, I would go with 2-tone grey clothe interior using a high grade of clothe. If you you wanted to protect the clothe from stains, you could add those high grade clear vinyl covers over the clothe.

You could do the interior in Smurf Blue as that would match also.

I was thinking of doing maybe a darker gray and white fabric to replace the light and dark tan colors. Then midnight or dark blue for the trim pieces. Still not sure on the carpet... Might do that in a dark gray also....