Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 06-12-2009, 12:58 AM   #1
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
change oil light comes on with fresh oil.

Okay first off I would like to say that I am a little embarrassed to ask this question but today after I filled up my car with gas my "change oil" light came on but I changed my oil not even 2 weeks ago and I don't even have 300 kilometers on with the new oil, I checked the level it was good and still very clean as it should be, and I checked the gas cap too and it was on snug and proper, I also tried to reset just like you are supposed to when the light comes on but the light stays on, does anyone know why this is?
Old 06-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #2
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbHeLlRaZoR View Post
Okay first off I would like to say that I am a little embarrassed to ask this question but today after I filled up my car with gas my "change oil" light came on but I changed my oil not even 2 weeks ago and I don't even have 300 kilometers on with the new oil, I checked the level it was good and still very clean as it should be, and I checked the gas cap too and it was on snug and proper, I also tried to reset just like you are supposed to when the light comes on but the light stays on, does anyone know why this is?

That happened to me last week, sometimes the damn thing is hard to reset for some reason.....

Try turning key to "on" (Engine Off), then depress the gas pedal to the floorboard and release for about 5 times in 10 seconds or so....
Old 06-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #3
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Its an automatic dummy light, it comes on regardless of when you change your oil. All you have to do it reset it according to the directions in your manual.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:18 AM   #4
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

I'll try to reset it again in the morning.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:40 AM   #5
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
one way that is supposed to work on gms (but usually doesn't on our cars) is turn key to on a fully press and relase the gas pedal three times in a row. but the good way for ours is turn key on, go into drivers fuse panel, puch reset button til change oil light blinks, then hold the reset button for a while (light quits blinking), then start the car. if done right after you start the car, the light will come on and chimes will sound, then it will go out. Trust me, i change oil for a living this summer i could do this stuff in my sleep for most any vehicle.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:46 AM   #6
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

I think I'll have to try the other way cause I did the fully pressed gas 3 times thing and it did nothing.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:53 AM   #7
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbHeLlRaZoR View Post
I think I'll have to try the other way cause I did the fully pressed gas 3 times thing and it did nothing.

Sometimes it takes more than one attempt, and I do it 5-10 times with the gas pedal method, but I would say if all else fails try disconnecting the battery for a couple hours, and try again. Last week mine would not go off for a few days no matter what I did, but finally the gas pedal method worked..
Old 06-12-2009, 01:55 AM   #8
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
Sometimes it takes more than one attempt, and I do it 5-10 times with the gas pedal method, but I would say if all else fails try disconnecting the battery for a couple hours, and try again. Last week mine would not go off for a few days no matter what I did, but finally the gas pedal method worked..

ok I'll just do whatever people suggest doing eventually somethings gotta work.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #9
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
I've never had to do that more than once... Turn the key on then press the accelerator pedal and release it FULLY 3 times within 5 seconds. A couple seconds after you should hear 5 beeps.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #10
99alerogirl
Female.

99alerogirl will become famous soon enough
mine has the reset button in the fuse panel inside the driver's door?

edit: i thread skimmed.
99alerogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #11
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99alerogirl View Post
mine has the reset button in the fuse panel inside the driver's door?

so does mine, you use that
Old 06-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #12
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

Problem solved, I don't know why it wouldn't go off for me yesterday when I tried though.