Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 11-21-2009, 01:36 AM   #21
bentiac
GL Member

bentiac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alerored04 View Post
With the rear swaybar you will be able to create oversteer with a touch to the brake pedal. I have a large rear sway bar as well. I love the feel with this setup. Do yourself a favor and go buy spyhunter's agx's that he just posted on here for $250 for the whole set. You will not be disappointed.

My experience with having swaybars of different size from 2 previous cars was not so good. It created unpredictable change from understeer to oversteer. Like I had a RX-8 front sway on a Miata and it was too much difference and handled like shit. I'm gonna stick to no swaybar upgrades or upgrade both at some point.
GS - 01 Alero Coupe - MT, CG-lock,Front/rear strut tower brace,WAI,Fidanza Short throw Shifter and custom short throw clutch, AGX adjustable struts and mounts, Dropzone Springs, speedbuilt front sway bar, Toyo R888.

CS - 06 RX8 - Special Edition Shinka, 285 Hoosier A6.
bentiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:37 AM   #22
mfuller

I have larger swaybars both front and rear, and the handling is very neutral. Depending on how I dive into the corner, I can expect understeer (usually if I come in to hot and turn to quickly - i.e. miss the apex) or oversteer......I can even eke out power-on oversteer if I set up the car right. Of course, I have strut tower braces, poly bushings, sticky tires, and I play with my tire pressures depending on the track.

If you can find 'em, I'd highly recomend both Speedbuilt (from PFYC) swaybars......but get decent tires first.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #23
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
No matter what you should jump all over the cheap agx's for sale right now.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #24
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
Spy only selling the fronts... not the whole Set.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #25
bentiac
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alerored04 View Post
No matter what you should jump all over the cheap agx's for sale right now.

Hope by cheap you mean the ebay deal. Already bought them two days ago(see my signature).
GS - 01 Alero Coupe - MT, CG-lock,Front/rear strut tower brace,WAI,Fidanza Short throw Shifter and custom short throw clutch, AGX adjustable struts and mounts, Dropzone Springs, speedbuilt front sway bar, Toyo R888.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #26
bentiac
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
I have larger swaybars both front and rear, and the handling is very neutral. Depending on how I dive into the corner, I can expect understeer (usually if I come in to hot and turn to quickly - i.e. miss the apex) or oversteer......I can even eke out power-on oversteer if I set up the car right. Of course, I have strut tower braces, poly bushings, sticky tires, and I play with my tire pressures depending on the track.

If you can find 'em, I'd highly recomend both Speedbuilt (from PFYC) swaybars......but get decent tires first.

Mfuller, you autocross, right? Do you left foot brake(for load transfer) at all?

Old 11-23-2009, 12:15 PM   #27
scit
GX Member

scit is on a distinguished road
Hey Everyone,

I have been lurking here for about a year now, but just recently joined. This is an amazing site and has been very helpful over the past year.

I have a question regarding the lowing springs. I have used a lot of what ya'll have said here in my search for springs.

An issue I am running into with my search:

1. I want to lower the rear a little more than the front to eliminate the "rake" look. Most of the "Alero" specific springs seem to lower the same amount front an back. Which ones are you guys using to lower the rear a little more. To me it seems like the Dropzone DZLS3300 (1.8/2.3) for Cavalier or Sunfire are the ones I want, but will they fit on my 01 Alero Coupe?

I only want to go moderately lower, not extreme.

Thanks!
scit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #28
bentiac
GL Member

If you want moderate lowering then dropzone might not be your best choice. I think eibach might be a better option for you. As for Lowering the rear a little more not too sure which spring combination would do that. Another crazy way to do it would be smaller rear tires .... but I don't recommend it.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #29
scit
GX Member

Thanks. Why do you say not to go with the DropZones?

I looked at the Eibachs but their complete kit lowers 1.5/1.5 which would still give the raked look. I guess I could look into buying them individually and getting 1.5s for front and 2.0s for rear but I am hoping someone here has already done this and can let me know what they did. I have seen plenty of photos where it looks like this has been done.

Thanks Bentiac.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #30
bentiac
GL Member

From what I've read, dropzone will give you 2-2.5 inches in back and front and you will probably need a strut upgrade too (better to do both at the same time) but if you want less drop then eibach seem to be the way to go.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:00 PM   #31
scit
GX Member

According to all of the sites I have seen that sell DropZone Springs the ones for Cavelier/Sunfire are DZLS3300 @ 1.8/2.3 and the ones for Malibu are DZLS3310 @ 1.50/1.50.

I think I saw somewhere that the part numbers for Malibu and Alero are the same and if they are then DropZone matches the front and rear at 1.50 inches.

Does anyone which springs will come in a set that has the rear lower than the front?

Thanks
Old 11-23-2009, 08:26 PM   #32
mfuller

Truthfully, the raked look is an optical illusion.....in stock form, the front of the car sits at the same height as the rear.
You won't find anything off-the-shelf that drops the rear more than the front.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #33
A57
GL Member

A57 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to A57
the only way is to get coil overs, but the suck (IMO).. unless you get mfuller to hook u up with his konie's....
i had kybs with eibach's and they were fine .. but the H&R's are a good set..
1.7/1.7 i think is the drop...
Old 11-25-2009, 01:26 PM   #34
bentiac
GL Member

Anyone with dropzone springs can tell me how long they take to settle?
Also when would you align them? Once after installation and once they settle? or just for when they settle?