Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 02-13-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
possible 2.0 swap?

Well i think its time to start doing some actual major mods. my best friend just totaled out his ion redline and he already has the stage 3 kit in along with cam and head work. i told him i would love to buy the motor to drop in the alero. my question is how hard would the swap be and if its even possible?
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Waste of time/effort/money. Dicussed endlessly on J-Body.org. Build the LD9.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
sir yes sir
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

Old 02-13-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
lord2heart
GL Member

lord2heart is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lord2heart Send a message via MSN to lord2heart Send a message via Yahoo to lord2heart
haha that was a quick persuasion
lord2heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:24 PM   #5
99-alero
GL Member

99-alero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Waste of time/effort/money. Dicussed endlessly on J-Body.org. Build the LD9.

if you can do, go for it
99-alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:27 PM   #6
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Why not.

Will require a reprogram on the PCM.

Don't know if the mounts will line up

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
I'de go for it, its good to be original
Old 02-13-2010, 04:36 PM   #8
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know about this particular swap, but it was also said after endless debates that a 4t65 swap was a big waste of time/money as well. Now I'm handling more power than was previously able to be held with a fully built 4t45.

I think you should not only drop in that built eco, but also put a 4t65 behind it like GM Racing did and go for one of those 600hp setups. Go get 'em killer !!

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:12 PM   #9
alero_bmxer
GL Member

well i figured i would need mounts, harnesses, and a hole in the floor for the clutch pedal. hmm..... might just go for it

Old 02-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #10
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
like it was said once if you want to do it and be original then do it i guess it will be something for trial and error.. best of luck

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #11
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
I say go for it.... because the 2,0 is like the ecotec 2,2 you'll need a lot of parts from a manual ecotec alero... subframe, motor mounts, tranny cable, throttle cable, transmission mounts, axles radiator and hoses... if you try to swap the SS engine with the f35tranny... I don,t know if the axles will be good... but if you take a f23 a manual one from an ecotec alero or cavalier, I know it'll fit but you'll need a new clutch and flywheel.... get a cable throttle body from a ecotec cavalier or alero (why not a 65mm one!!!)..... for the rest then reprogram the pcm of the ecotec alero to read the boost and do some wiring to get all that running.....

If my LD9 in my beater die... that's what I'll do...

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/

Last edited by guiguilandry : 02-13-2010 at 06:14 PM.
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #12
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
It's a smaller displacement engine that will take a decent amount of parts (including the transmission) to get working, not to mention the tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
it was also said after endless debates that a 4t65 swap was a big waste of time/money as well. Now I'm handling more power than was previously able to be held with a fully built 4t45
And you still have had nothing to show for it. No dyno, a 14 second run, and a lot of talk. I'm eager to see the new results but, until then, I'll hold my congratulations.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #13
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Got plenty to show for it. I'm pushing way more boost than I was before without destroying transmissions. So far I've been in excess of 15psi on sustained runs multiple times, and a one-time peak 18psi with no slippage or shards in the pan. I call that a success with or without dyno or time slips. No disrespect intended, but I'm not asking for, nor do I need your congratulations, but thanks anyways.

Anybody wants to confirm what this thing will do can ask TrickySlick or BrokenOne, who have seen it first hand. I also have other witnesses that have rode with me for a burn-out from a 40mph roll wearing BFG Gforce TA drag radials, and if you think that's an easy task, I'd wager it isn't. I don't talk idle shit if I bother to speak of this car.

While I agree, dyno and time-slips will prove all, we won't have that till spring time. Nothing against what you said, since that's perfectly within reason. I still say he should go for it, especially since both the 600hp and the 1,000hp GM race ecotecs are both 2.0L engines.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:50 PM   #14
[ion] C2
636 whp

Good points, but at his stage it's not a feasible task.

Also I'm sure the 4T65-HD holds up a hell of a lot better than the 4T45-E. Can't wait to see what it does.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #15
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

well, another good point is....I have no idea what his budget and/or skills are LOL

Old 02-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #16
alero_bmxer
GL Member

well good thing is i have the know how to do this just waiting on time and money

Old 02-13-2010, 11:09 PM   #17
[ion] C2
636 whp

If you had the know how you wouldn't have asked if it was possible.

You should know anything is possible with the right amount of skills and money. lol
Old 02-13-2010, 11:30 PM   #18
alero_bmxer
GL Member

What i meant is i know how to do it all i just had some questions i wanted to throw out there. im going over there tomorrow to try to work something out

Old 02-13-2010, 11:55 PM   #19
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
Quote:
Originally Posted by alero_bmxer View Post
What i meant is i know how to do it all i just had some questions i wanted to throw out there. im going over there tomorrow to try to work something out

GL, I'm excited to see the results of this
Old 02-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #20
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by alero_bmxer View Post
well i figured i would need mounts, harnesses, and a hole in the floor for the clutch pedal. hmm..... might just go for it

mounts would be easy... use ecotec mounts for a grand am/alero.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote