Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 10-30-2005, 06:34 PM   #1
alero_ecotec
Special Agent

alero_ecotec is an unknown quantity at this point
I searched for this but was never able to find anything that was going to be of any help. Does anyone know if the K&N intake will fit in the alero? I'm not talking just a filter, i know that, im talking full intake piping and everything. K&N makes it for the ecotec Cavy and Sunfire, in the pictures it looks like the bends are going to be correct to put the filter behind the battery, but i dont know if there will be any hood clearance issues or what? Any Thoughts?
Old 10-30-2005, 10:19 PM   #2
awilson2181

Yes it will work! I have the intake by Induction Dynamics. The filter goes all the way down into the driver side wheel well. The bends work perfect, the only slight problem is that the throttle body is a little high and if you leave the underhood padding unprotected, it will burn a hole into it. Found that one out the hard way. The K&N filter is also a little tight in the wheel well as well, but it fits! Go to http://www.induction-dynamics.com/ecotec.html. This is the exact one that I have. The install is not that bad either, the biggest pain in the butt was getting all of the factory air box out. They also give you really good instructions that can be downloaded and printed off.
I can post some pics if you think it will help, but the web site gives pretty good pics! Hope this helps!
Old 10-30-2005, 11:38 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Yeah just about any engine part for the Cavy/Sunfire will fit the 2.2 or 2.4 Alero

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 12:46 AM   #4
alero_ecotec
Special Agent

alero_ecotec is an unknown quantity at this point
i knew that it shouldnt have any problem hooking up, just wasnt sure if i was going to have any major clearance issues