Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 01-26-2006, 09:43 PM   #1
QuebecAlero

Ok, first, i know that the engine coolant (prestone in quebec, dosent know if it that in english) is yellow. If there another yellow fluid in an alero plz tell me.

But here the deal, it leak, but not only under the engine, but everywhere. I had a timing belt trouble earlier (see the thread if needed) and i ask myself if it have a link and if i should go see the dealership??

Thx.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:47 PM   #2
QuebecAlero

Ok, i just went to dealership. They inspected my brakes, and nothing was wrong. Look like it the ''catalyseur'' maybe exaust in english i dont really knoe the exact term, that was leaking on the snow. So if u have this problem look if brake oil is lowering, if no dont go spend your time, there nothing dangerous ahead :Noooo:
Old 02-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #3
SteveBigPimpN

Cool

Dog took a piss under your car!! :wtf:
Old 03-15-2006, 10:11 PM   #4
brim
GLS member

brim is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brim
urine backflush out the manifold, just the usual

follow the titans
brim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:29 PM   #5
d_original_1

Quote:
Originally posted by QuebecAlero@Feb 1 2006, 08:47 PM
Ok, i just went to dealership. They inspected my brakes, and nothing was wrong. Look like it the ''catalyseur'' maybe exaust in english i dont really knoe the exact term, that was leaking on the snow. So if u have this problem look if brake oil is lowering, if no dont go spend your time, there nothing dangerous ahead :Noooo:

Mon Ami!

Every time we get alot show I've notice the same yellowish fluid that stains the snow..Knock on wood, but I've had my car since DEC, 2001 and I notice it every winter after big show storms...But hey!, the car still works so u never know...Afterall it's a GM who knows..lol

By the way, your from Sagnenay Quebec, wow! I bet you that even with spinner hubcaps you'll be the biggest player arround your town! lol
Old 04-17-2006, 09:33 PM   #6
QuebecAlero

LoL
Old 04-29-2006, 06:00 AM   #7
Ghadsphi
The Drunk

Ghadsphi is an unknown quantity at this point
Well if it's anything like American Coolant. That yellow (or Green especially/red) is something you know. You might want to check out the Intake manifold link. FYI I know nothing about cars. But it seems like a good start if your Alero is under a reasonable milage and you've been keeping up maintance decently. I've never posted a link yet so it might not work without copy/paste..

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...0406/20060406/

Seems the most common problem is coolant leaks. Some people don't seems to have had much luck with the dealers but I would definatly hit them up first. Less money out of your pocket is a much happier you. Some of the other guys here might have other ideas as well.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:29 PM   #8
QuebecAlero

The link dont seem to work..but thanks for the advice buddy
Old 07-01-2006, 11:02 AM   #9
Johnnyangel

The intake issue is mostly with the 3.4L engine, if you're losing coolant in the winter you'd be losing it in the summer too. No low coolant light, no smell, I wouldn't worry about it.