Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 04-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
02alerodude
GX Member

02alerodude is on a distinguished road
Need Help: Car Wont Start

So i have a 02' Alero, and for the past few months the car will not start right away. i thought that the fuel pump/line didn't have any pressure for the gasses tor each the spark plugs so i got a $700 repair for all that. Car actually started up without any problems for about two days. Now im back in the same situation.. if not worse. the car just doesn't start up. It's nothing to do with the battery cause all the lights turn on. What can be my issue?
02alerodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
check your battery voltage. check your spark plug connections. check your air filter. check fuel pressure at the rail. Check your MAF (or clean it if its dirty)

Theres 3 things that start your car. Air, fuel and spark. Your clearly missing one. Just start systematically checking the path of each to the engine and reporting back with what you found.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
You could check the starter solenoid which would tell you if you had a ignition switch problem. What happens when you turn the key..does it sound like it is trying to crank up...or is it nothing at all. Just cause the lights turn on doesn't exactly mean the battery is good. It should be tested if it has some age on it or you run a audio system.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
safety neutral switch might also be your issue if the vehicle will not start
Old 04-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Went through something similar. Look for the thread I made on it, may be similar.