Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 04-26-2007, 05:23 PM   #1
zatazuken
GX Member

zatazuken is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to zatazuken Send a message via Yahoo to zatazuken
Massive car upgrade!

So, I found myself to be really, really, really bored, lately. I would go and battle some of the ninjas down the street, eat a waffle, grab a pickle, etc. That was fun for a while...but it's starting to lose its interesting-ness. So, I decided to fix up my car.

http://www.secondchanceauto.ca/lm/li...mages/10_1.jpg

That's my baby right now. Okay, that's not really my car. That's just what my car looks like, minus the wing. 2001 Oldsmobile Alero (automatic transmission...wanted standard >.>) 4-door in that same color. I don't know much about cars (I'm learning!!!...I can tell you guitars all day...cars = new topic for me), so if any of you have any helpful advice...I'd definitely appreciate it. This is what I'm changing the body to:

Front Bumber, Sideskirts, Rear Bumper
http://www.andysautosport.com/oldsmo...y00073736.html

As for the wings...I'm kinda torn between these:
http://www.andysautosport.com/oldsmo...p00060915.html (I think this is the same one on the pick with the Kato body kit, if I'm not mistaken)

http://www.andysautosport.com/oldsmo...i00091816.html
If it boils down to it, I'll just go carbon fiber everywhere (hell of a lot of good that'll do me with a freaking automatic transmission, eh? /sarcasm)

Headlights:
I was looking at angel eyes...but a friend of mind suggested OEM projectors from BMW (I think that's what he said). I have yet to see anyone here with those, however. I noticed that when everyone cleared their corners they put a certain bulb in that turned blue when it was off? Are these relatively easy to install? And does anyone have any suggestions as to what I do with my headlights (or if the OEMs are even a good idea?)

I'm also looking to replace my seats with leather seats and change the dash a bit.

Let's see...tinted windows, clear corners, and paint job!!!

In any case, I was hoping you guys could give me your opinion and maybe some feedback on the quality of a company that andy's autosport is? I really don't want a poor fitting body kit.

I'm sorry for being extremely noobish, but I don't know cars that well and I want to get the opinions of people who can give me a lot of insight (and own the same type of car!)

Thanks!
-Mike
zatazuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:26 PM   #2
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
both of those spoilers are completely horrid.. you cant bolt that on an alero.

Im begging you.....
Old 04-26-2007, 05:27 PM   #3
zatazuken
GX Member

What do you reccomend? I'm not a huge fan of the Razzio set up...any suggestions?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
pawzbear

razzi or none. I remember something about Grand Am SC/T spoilers a while back. Those are pretty hott and would probably appeal to you more because theyre a little on the big and tacky side. Dont think it would be easy to get your hands on one though.. maybe someone else has better info on these?? Razzi IS pretty big and bold though. When i bought mine i didnt think it would make as much difference visually as it really did. WOW its kinda big.. lol..

someone on here has the AAS kit with a razzi spoiler and it actually looks pretty sweet.. yep right here...
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17514
Old 04-26-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
yeah....... don't get any of those wings...... You don't need a park bench on your car.... Get the razzi wing if you REALLY want one on your car. not sure how it will look with the AAS kit..... I'm getting that kit from a guy on here... Looks like a nice kit... Can't wait to get it myself.

The headlights idea... there is someone on here that does it... I forget the name though... do a search for projector headlights.

For the interior, DON'T PAINT ANYTHING!!!!!!!!! lol trust me.. it's not worth it..... not sure if you thought about it, but if you did, DON'T DO IT!!!! lol
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:34 PM   #6
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawzbear View Post
razzi or none. I remember something about Grand Am SC/T spoilers a while back. Those are pretty hott and would probably appeal to you more because theyre a little on the big and tacky side. Dont think it would be easy to get your hands on one though.. maybe someone else has better info on these?? Razzi IS pretty big and bold though. When i bought mine i didnt think it would make as much difference visually as it really did. WOW its kinda big.. lol..

someone on here has the AAS kit with a razzi spoiler and it actually looks pretty sweet.. yep right here...

mmmm I might have to try that...
Old 04-26-2007, 05:34 PM   #7
zatazuken
GX Member

Haha...I'll look more into the razzi and check out a few more pictures. I'm assuming AAS is a really good company?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:36 PM   #8
pawzbear

better than ebay brand knockoffs... lol
Old 04-26-2007, 05:37 PM   #9
zatazuken
GX Member

Quote:

Okay, that picture won me over. I am extremely impressed...Razzi's definitely the way to go for me.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:37 PM   #10
derek_ski99
GL Member

derek_ski99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to derek_ski99 Send a message via Yahoo to derek_ski99
the razzi is worlds better than the andy's kit. both those spoilers are disgusting. either razzi, factory or no wing. leather is expensive, get ready to pay..trust me, i re-upholstered my interior from leather to leather and suede. as far as halo's..none available to my knowledge. clearing the corners and placing blue bulbs in is not difficult or expensive and lastly if they are called oem bmw projectors, then they are for bmw's not oldsmobiles.

keep in mind how much money all this is going to cost as well. your looking at several thousands of dollars.

and my advice: you drive an alero, not a civic..so don't try making it one with halos that belong strictly on bimmers and bodykits/wings that belong on no car
Brent: and in the end...... cherrington is still a cum dumpster whose closest contact with HOT women is through a car internet forum ........... so as long as we can agree on that........ we can all go back to being friends.

Being Brents friend is teh hotness
derek_ski99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:40 PM   #11
pawzbear

Im SOOO glad i saved an alero from 'park bench spoiler' hell... i should get some kind of award... "eyesore preventer of the year..??"

lol have fun modding ur car babe. I WOULD be modding mine.. if all the parts werent just sitting in boxes and my car wasnt broken down my driveway...lol poor aler-ho...
Old 04-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #12
zatazuken
GX Member

Aw. I'll definitely go with the bulbs over the halos. And I'm aware this is going to cost several thousand...but this is my baby and she only has 56k miles on her. Soo, I'm going to be keeping her for a while.

*hands pawzbear and award* 'grats ^^;
Old 04-26-2007, 05:43 PM   #13
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Quote:
Im SOOO glad i saved an alero from 'park bench spoiler' hell... i should get some kind of award... "eyesore preventer of the year..??"

lol have fun modding ur car babe. I WOULD be modding mine.. if all the parts werent just sitting in boxes and my car wasnt broken down my driveway...lol poor aler-ho...

become a VIP member, then you can change that GLS member thing to "Eyesore preventer of the year." lol or get one of the admins. to change it for you. Way to go though.... You saved another alero from being put to shame.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #14
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Quote:
Originally Posted by zatazuken View Post
Aw. I'll definitely go with the bulbs over the halos. And I'm aware this is going to cost several thousand...but this is my baby and she only has 56k miles on her. Soo, I'm going to be keeping her for a while.

*hands pawzbear and award* 'grats ^^;

are you wanting blue bulbs for the turn signals or headlight bulbs that are blueish in tint???
Old 04-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #15
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
Waffles and ninjas kick ass.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:33 PM   #16
pawzbear

ninjas..? thats a slang term some servers use in my restaurant to refer to certain types of unfavorable customers...lmao...use your imagination... =/
Old 04-27-2007, 01:51 AM   #17
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
razzi or none. I remember something about Grand Am SC/T spoilers a while back. Those are pretty hott and would probably appeal to you more because theyre a little on the big and tacky side. Dont think it would be easy to get your hands on one though.. maybe someone else has better info on these??

The production SC/T "D81" spoiler isn't really all that tacky, and you should be able to find them with little searching online. They also bolt into the factory holes.

I know someone has this on an Alero.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:55 AM   #18
pawzbear

^^^thats not exactly the one i was thinking of. it kinda had these lattice metal sides on it.. i forget, really =(
Old 04-27-2007, 02:01 AM   #19
zatazuken
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
are you wanting blue bulbs for the turn signals or headlight bulbs that are blueish in tint???

I'm not all too sure. Blue turn signals would rock...but I was wondering if there were any bulbs that'd liven up anything on my car. Would it seem too tacky to have blueish tint headlight bulbs AND a blue turn signal...or do most people prefer one or the other?

And as far as painting goes...do you guys think it'd be okay to wait until I get all my body parts on to do the paint...that way it can all be done in one sweep? I'm thinking about painting it black and getting some tight looking white angel-ish wings on the sides with feathers trailing off (hehe, if I can find someone that'll do that for me). Or...should I paint them as I get them?

Last edited by zatazuken : 04-27-2007 at 02:04 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:41 AM   #20
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

_01Alero_ is an unknown quantity at this point
The blue bulbs will get you in trouble if you have them in your turn signals, well depending on how bright they are. I had blues in both of my turn signals and got pulled over. So just be careful about doing that. All you have to do in order to make them all blue is just buy blue led bulbs (194 and 3057 i believe) And you will be set there.

As for the paint, I would wait until it is all there and then paint it all at once. But don't put the kit on and the spoiler and just drive it around like that for month's on end until you get enough saved for paint. Wait to put it on once you have the money ready for paint. IMO nothing worse then seeing people with body kits unpainted driving around on the streets. But that is just my 2 cents worth.

Have fun modding your ho, and to each his own, don't forget that.