Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 02-27-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
03alerospl
GX Member

03alerospl is on a distinguished road
Random Stalls

Hey all. ok here's my problem. I installed a CAI (from chomeintakes) and changed my oil and filter. the next day, I started the car, made a turn onto my street, and it just turned off, no chugging, just off, put it in park, and it started right up. it did this three times yesterday, only when I am driving very slow, or stopped. when it stalls, the oil light, check engine light and battery light all come on.
the check engine light stays on now, when I leave the key in the acc position, but turns off when running.
checked the oil, and it isn't leaking, so I don't think my oil change has anything to do with it.
any help at all would be appreciated
03alerospl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
if its stalling it could be one of three things. its not getting any air, fuel or spark. first thing i would do is change the fuel filter and check and make sure your installed your CAI correctly. check the sensors and make sure your MAF isnt on backwards lol
Old 02-27-2007, 03:57 PM   #3
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Also if you had to remove your MAF sensor clip then make sure that one of the 3 prongs is not bent. I bent my prong (haha) and my car acted like it was on steroids...loud like a V8 and ran hard and accelerated quick but I wanted it running right.
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:12 PM   #4
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
or check if your tb gasket moved, broken wire into the maf? Loose hose clamp?
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:09 AM   #5
03alerospl
GX Member

03alerospl is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

thanks guys, will check those, My CAI just clamped on where the old intake was, I didn't touch any of the wires.
more crap today, went to leave work on lunch, and it wouldn't start, tow guy said it was the security feature, and we let it sit for ten minutes until it stop blinking security. I think my car hates me. But besides the not starting, and now my needles on my spedometer are jumpy, it didn't stall today
03alerospl is offline   Reply With Quote