Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 02-14-2006, 06:03 PM   #1
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

StockAlero00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to StockAlero00
Ok I did a search, on engine coolant the best that I could on here. Since not using the search button annoys some people.

Engine coolant was flushed out and replaced at the end of September 05. Right before I went to Niagara Falls- round trip give or take 1k.

In the winter, about December/January- my temp guage would come on and off. I didn't think anything of this- since I thought it was just the weather, and that the engine just needed time to warm up. Come this past month, the light would stay on longer and chime. Ok- so I looked in my owners' manual. Today before I went my emission's testing- I wanted to check the level of my coolant. NOt sure If the coolant has anything do with the test- I just wanted to make sure it was full.

Ok now remind you that just a few months ago, my coolant was flushed and replaced.... I couldn't get the cap off. I had to take a wrench and pull it off. Just the top part of the cap came off. The other part was still what appaered to welded. Took a phillipshead screwdriver and popped it off. I took a look inside, and it looked like no coolant was in there. Looked on the side, and seen taht the coolant was way below the "Full" Level.

My question is having my enginge coolant flushed and replaced 4-5 months ago, should it really be that low? I'm thinking there is a possible leak in it. I am having it serviced tomorrow. My car has 97,048 miles on it. - With this many miles, is it more common to have to keep checking it and filling it back up ?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:41 PM   #2
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
it there's no drips under your car and your oils is clean (no gasket leak)... then i'd say that when they flushed it they jipped you... haha

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:13 PM   #3
Lovestheh20

they might not have let the thermostat kick on when they did the flush, thus your coolant may have been low after the flush. the jerkoffs who just did my LIM replacement made this mistake.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:53 PM   #4
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

Well it turns out that I have $600.00 in repairs to do on my car. G'dami't!!!!!!! What a damn pisser. I wanted to get all my bills paid off, to rent a house come summer time with my friend. And this poop has to happen. The upside of it is, If my mom can have it done at her place- then I don't need the 600 right up front. I can pay them installments. But still I had all upcoming paychecks to know what bills are being paid off during when, and when I'm putting away money. Just really put's things on hold.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
If you can relate it to the service, I would let em know. Doubtful but who knows

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:01 PM   #6
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

Update on the car.... I just got it back today. Having it in the shop for over 24hrs- they fixed the manifold- apperantly there was a leak in that, since that's why the engine coolant was going so fast. 2) they replaced my thermostat, and 3) they replaced my spark plugs. They were frayed. So the engine is already apart, might as well do the spark plugs and the thermostat. The cost for all this is $729.00. I was soo happy to have my baby back!
Old 02-19-2006, 12:13 AM   #7
bigd6983

yea u had the lower intake manifold gasket leak, welcome to the club cause you aint the only one lol and when changing the gasket and flushing the system, especially with that leak it was best to replace the thermostat...........and with all that off i agree changing the spark plugs was the best thing to do.......glad you got everything fixed
Old 02-19-2006, 09:32 AM   #8
robz02alero
GL Member

robz02alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to robz02alero
The other thing you might consider is that some businesses in order to save money dilute their coolant and they may have put more water then coolant into your system and the water that WAS in your system evaporated leaving you with what might seem like a leak. For poops and giggles, make sure your drain rooster is closed, replace the cap and go straight coolant. good luck. :wave:
COMING HOME SOON
robz02alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:25 AM   #9
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
damn, Stock....I really hate to see people get taken for a ride like that. Of course I'm not in business to do car repairs for a living, but I would have done that for parts plus a bottle of Capt. Morgans

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 03:27 PM   #10
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by OIF_VET_ALEROJOE@Feb 19 2006, 07:32 AM
The other thing you might consider is that some businesses in order to save money dilute their coolant and they may have put more water then coolant into your system and the water that WAS in your system evaporated leaving you with what might seem like a leak. For poops and giggles, make sure your drain rooster is closed, replace the cap and go straight coolant. good luck. :wave:

Go straight coolant huh??? :Noooo: