Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 09-03-2007, 01:41 AM   #1
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

StockAlero00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to StockAlero00
Flat tire

Tonight I recieved a flat tire. Although this flat tire, was not caused from your typical flat tire. Like a nail, or worn out treads. I heard a loud pop, cracking noise, and like my car was scraping against metal. Got out of the car, jacked it up to see what caused the flat tire. The coil, coming down to the tire, the shocks, pretty much fell right into tired, busting up the bottom part of the coil. My car, was pretty much not in driving condition. Even putting a spare on it, the same thing of happend to the spare. It was pretty much like someone take a broken piece of glass and pitting it to my tire. Sucks cause my baby is on a flat bed being towed. Has this happened to any other people's cars on here? What the hell cause the shocks to fall into the tire. I haven't done anything to them. They are the original ones from the car.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:58 AM   #2
mfuller

So the spring perch broke free of the strut body? Wow.....that's a new one for me.
Massive fatigue? Do you need a set of shocks to get you by for a while?
Old 09-03-2007, 02:58 AM   #3
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
i got some stock springs if u need them just pay shipping
pimpalero2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:18 AM   #4
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

well right now my car is sitting at my mother's place of employment. I will find out what exactly happened to my car on Tuesday, when she returns to work. also here is a pic, to maybe better explain it, the part that circled in yellow, was pushed down into the wheel, with one part it bent upwards. my brother said either i hit a curb really good, or someone did that to my car, cause that should not have happened.

Last edited by StockAlero00 : 09-03-2007 at 08:27 AM. Reason: adding picture to better explain myself.
StockAlero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:10 AM   #5
mfuller

Wow....I have never seen that happen before. Upon closer inspection, it looks like the connection failed where the strut bolts to the rear suspension. Were they recently installed? They look awfully clean.....so I'm leaning towards improper installation.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
somehow I don't think that's off an alero mfuller... just a generic picture

i don't think those red springs are stock like she said... and i dont think the four lug hub is what alero's use, or the body style
[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:51 AM   #7
mfuller

Yes, I am aware it's not an Alero in the photo.
What car are we talking about here, Lisa?
Old 09-03-2007, 10:24 AM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
shit i thought since this was aleromod.com people post up the alero problems my bad
[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:54 AM   #9
misslindseysue
MINIac

misslindseysue is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to misslindseysue
I did have a spring break on me, but none of the mounts or anything. I was lucky I didn't pop a tire, the sharp end of the broken spring was right next to the tire.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:18 AM   #10
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

matt, I am talking about my car. I just posted a generic picture, to better explain what was going on. No, I haven't replaced any of that yet. They are all stock. Caused a nice 6 inch gauge in my tire though. I read about Ford Taurus's having the same problem I had. I am just lucky it happened in a parking lot, and not on the road, where lives could have been at risk.