Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 06-08-2005, 10:04 PM   #1
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

StockAlero00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to StockAlero00
After I got off work today, I noticed huge dirt rocks lying around my car. Walked all around inspecting the body of my car, nothing wrong. Got in my car, drove off, and OH hell NO.....WTF IS THIS CRAP"?!?! A nice crack in my windshield. It's not that big, but i know i'll have to pay money to get it fixed. ANd right now I can't so. .....i'll be going to ass with a crack in my windshield. At least i'm not showing it. Funny thing is (ok not really funny) but at work today, the hygienist was talking to a patient about making claims on your insurance, and said not worth claiming a cracked windshield......and look what happens this crap..........THANKS A LOT KIM!!! :gun2: :gun2: :gun2: :gun2:
Old 06-08-2005, 10:09 PM   #2
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

cutelilcntrygrl is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks Lisa. But, if you call your insurance company, they will pay for the replacement. I had to do that not even a month after I got my car. I was on vacation in Alabama and a rock came out of a dump truck and busted my windshield. It won't cost you anything, if you have full coverage.

http://www.myspace.com/smr612
cutelilcntrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 10:11 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
That really sucks, but I did find this line funny

"I'm going to ass with a crack in my windshield"

Maybe you'll find the guy that did it :gun2:

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 10:18 PM   #4
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

hmm i'll have to look into that marie.

and yes reddog, I'll be showing off my crack!!!
Old 06-08-2005, 10:22 PM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
wow. that sucks. good thing you have a small crack.

sry, after what redog said i couldn't help but to snicker...
Old 06-08-2005, 10:35 PM   #6
misslindseysue

Most windshield places will fix chips and little cracks for free. Insurance companies might pay for it also if it's cheap. Otherwise, help it along and get a new windshield. I just got a new one, cost me $150. I have a $250 deductible and I found a place that would waive $100 of it.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:55 AM   #7
smlzalero
where my knickers at?

smlzalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry Lisa, that sucks. Butt I did laugh at the mental image of you driving to ASS with your crack in the windshield! Hope you got eyes back there!

Plus, it's funny that you walked around your car carefully inspecting it then it turns up theres a crack in the most important window on the car... lol I can't laugh too hard, though, since that's prolly how it would have happened to me. lol.

--UPDATE-- Have 6 months to start paying!
smlzalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 07:26 AM   #8
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
you said ass and then crack......................LMAO

that sucks. before getting a hold on insurance check you deductable on comprehensive. because if it like more than $100 then not worth it because you'll end paying for it out of your pocket.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:54 AM   #9
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
call it vandalism and some insurance(like mine) will waive the deductible. same thing with theft
Old 06-09-2005, 09:36 PM   #10
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

see i dont really want to call the insurance company and have them put another claim against me causing the insurance to go up.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:04 PM   #11
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

cutelilcntrygrl is an unknown quantity at this point
When I had to get mine replaced, I just told them what happened.. that a rock flew out of a dump truck and cracked the winshield. Didn't cost a dime and didn't make my insurance go up at all. You can ASK your ins. agent how they would handle something like that. If they tell you it would make your rate go up, just say you'd rather pay for it to be fixed at a shop somewhere. Then leave. If they say it's not gonna effect anything and it's cheap, tell them what happened and get it fixed.

http://www.myspace.com/smr612
cutelilcntrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 12:48 AM   #12
misslindseysue

Yeah, a glass claim shouldn't make your insurance go up at all. Everyone breaks winshields. It's under comprehensive anyway, and by law they can't raise your premiums for comp claims.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:14 PM   #13
cobra621

I think that glass claims fall under the comprehensive part of the policy. I keep $100 deductible on my car, for theft, glass, etc. Hopefully I won't have to use it! I have heard that comp. claims don't raise insurance, since it isn't your fault. Anyone know any different?
Old 06-11-2005, 06:48 AM   #14
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
comp calims do not raise insurance. collison claims do.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:04 PM   #15
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

Well i decided to have Arena repair for me. My mom works there, will get a discount. It's getting done monday, but I dont have to pay for 2 weeks which is nice. We didnt call the insurance company, because all other times stuff has happend to our cars, that weren't our faults. they still raised it cause it was a claim. Three years ago a brick was thrown at my mother's z28, damaged her spoiler, and cracked the glass....long story on how that happened. the insurance wanted to up her cost, so she said no. had to pay 1200 out of pocket. but luckily her work was able to do it, and they did pay roll deduction for a year to pay it off for her.