Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 12-29-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
Dhoyle
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Dhoyle is on a distinguished road
bagging?

sorry if this is redundent or anything. I did use the search and all i could find is people talking about their bagged ride. Well im new to the whole moding cars. And well i was woundering what i needed to bag my alero, how hard it is, and well how much it might run me? thanks for any of the replys i get lols
Old 12-29-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
There used to be a site called www.Fmkustoms.com but the site isn't working right now. I got everything to run my train horn from them, except for the train horn I got that from somebody else.

Anyway they sell a kit for the Alero, but if it's the same guy that was selling the VIP graphics, he's fallen off the face of the earth without shipping anything

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
FrankTheTank
GLS member

FrankTheTank is an unknown quantity at this point
you need:
http://store.gaugemagazine.com/99-04...ontairkit.aspx ($560)

http://store.gaugemagazine.com/99-04...earairkit.aspx ($532)

at lest 1 compressor ($200+)
8 valves (~$220 for 8 3/8" smc)
tank (~$70 for a 5gal, 8 port)
pressure switch (~$20)
switch box (prices vary)
psi gauges are nice (2 dual needle, 1 single needle) (~$35/dual needle, ~$20/single needle)
air lines (~$25)
fittings (varies by setup, probably around $100)

install isnt too hard, just gotta make sure you use a good thread sealant to avoid leaks. me and a friend had my grand prix done in a day and a half, and that included modifying the airlift struts to get the car to lay out better.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
PM rick .. he is forbidden here. Or call him @ 317-534-8241 .. Tell him richie w/ the alero sent you. LOL

FMkustoms site doesn't work cuz FMkustoms is no longer. He sold fmkustoms when he started up his new biz spyder graphix. Then the guy had it for a few months and decided not to keep it running. But he still has all the accounts tho to order air ride parts. I still order parts through him all the time.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:43 PM   #5
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.easystreetair.com/
http://airride.com/

i use air ride tech compressor systems, install is so easy even a novice can hook there stuff up, but they no longer make struts for our cars due to some kind of part issues

i bought from rick allot of times i never had a problem with him, guys he is married and has a kid so cut him some slack

if you do the install your self, will cost you next to nothing, but you say you are new to cars so this might be something ya might not want to tackle as a first project
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:57 PM   #6
Dhoyle

i have a back yard mechanic uncle, well he used to be a full time mechainc for like 30 or somethin yrs and he recently retired so id have him help, he was into tuneing cars back in the day *mustangs n chargers n stuff* so it shouldnt be new to him, and i was waitin for u to answer bdyman lols ur car is what got me interested in it
Old 12-30-2008, 09:34 PM   #7
darksobsession
GL Member

darksobsession is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to darksobsession
well forbidden stopped answering my PMs and emails after i retracted the dispute on paypal. i ordered a license plate holder from him before halloween and have not received anything. i just want my ten bucks back, i understand it's difficult running a business, and he doesn't control the mail, but jeez, at least shoot me an email. plus he offered to refund, but didn't follow through. even naich isn't using him anymore for graphics cause he's awol.

back to the bagging...

sigs are annoying
darksobsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:19 PM   #8
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
well thank you i appreciate that, its really not that hard its more planning out taking your time, like i usally run air lines inside the car, i make a platform for the compressor system

stuff like that, if ya need help feel free to ask
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:27 PM   #9
Dhoyle

yea i was gonna ask how to run that stuff, i wasnt sure i should run it threw the interior or exterior wasnt sure
Old 12-31-2008, 02:01 AM   #10
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Mines on the outside ran along my underbody lights, haven't had an issue yet.