Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 11-22-2011, 01:43 AM   #1
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
Slowly getting to those updates

I finally found a stock spoiler in bronzemist and installed it!

My stock cd player buttons were scratched and the volume knob loose so I bought a mint cd/tape deck online. I'm going tomorrow to have the thing unlocked.

I just won a full set of leather slip covers to redo all of the seats for $299! So that should be complete by the end of the year.

I have my new rims on order and they should be installed in the next couple of weeks! Simple 16'' 5 spokes so I can still use my newer tires.

Rims installed 12/5/2011!!

I plan on cleaning the whole carpet while the seats are out.

The windows will be tinted by the end of January with an eyebrow on the windshield. I think I'm going to put a large Oldsmobile vinyl over the top of the eyebrow too.

I'm hoping to get my Razzi kit installed by Summer. I'm going to add a set of Grand Am side skirts like crazytaxi. That's a sweet look! Unfortunately I doubt I can afford to have it all professionally installed or painted so I'm going to give it a shot and spray paint it with some Car Quest matched paint for the short term. Hopefully by the end of 2012 I can save enough money to at least get the best Maaco paint job to clean it all up.

Otherwise I'm still hoping to get a set of new floor mats and halo rings installed with HIDs in the headlights.
I am still considering the cold air intake kit too, but I'm not sure it really adds anything.
And at some point I'm going to add the fake dual exhaust tips to complete the look for my Razzi lip kit.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited by fisdad : 12-07-2011 at 12:21 AM. Reason: add pictures
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post
I think I'm going to put a large Oldsmobile vinyl over the top of the eyebrow too.

Unfortunately I doubt I can afford to have it all professionally installed or painted so I'm going to give it a shot and spray paint it with some Car Quest matched paint for the short term.

And at some point I'm going to add the fake dual exhaust tips

Any thoughts or suggestions?

These are a no-go.. the rest is ok, while you're at it and got your headlight apart.. clear your corners

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/

Last edited by guiguilandry : 11-22-2011 at 01:05 PM.
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:20 AM   #3
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiguilandry View Post
clear your corners

agreed! paint the bezel if you want, but at least get the orange piece outa there. order your HIDs from ddmtuning.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
fisdad

Yes, I forgot about clearing the corners. Good call.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:08 PM   #5
fisdad

Quote:
These are a no-go.. the rest is ok, while you're at it and got your headlight apart.. clear your corners

So are you saying that I should not spray paint the kit, or not try to install it myself or both?

Why not the Oldsmobile vinyl across the windshield?

Why not complete the razzi kit with dual tips? I don't think true dual exhaust is an option for my 2.4 4 cyl. Maybe if I had the V6 option. I think I can get a muffler to make both sides function, but it still wouldn't be true dual exhaust.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:32 AM   #6
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
You asked opinion, i gave you mine...I had a full stainless dual tips exhaust on my 2,4 with magnaflow single in and dual out muffler... To what i know of NOBODY has ever done a true dual exhaust on an alero, it aint a V8 ('I'LL do it on my l67 for next summer but I won't get in the details,but I need a mig welder because Floorpan and fuel tank are to be modified/removed/replaced)

The windshield banner is like screaming to people Hey I got an Oldsmobile in case you didn't recognise it... it's just screaming RICE, my point of view... But it's YOUR car, don't listen to other people taste, do what YOU like

For the paint, I'm really not a fan of half done job, always look like shit, I'm sure you can install this yourself, but you better save your buck to get the look perfect the first time, in the long run you'll save money...

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #7
fisdad

Quote:
You asked opinion, i gave you mine...I had a full stainless dual tips exhaust on my 2,4 with magnaflow single in and dual out muffler... To what i know of NOBODY has ever done a true dual exhaust on an alero, it aint a V8 ('I'LL do it on my l67 for next summer but I won't get in the details,but I need a mig welder because Floorpan and fuel tank are to be modified/removed/replaced)

The windshield banner is like screaming to people Hey I got an Oldsmobile in case you didn't recognise it... it's just screaming RICE, my point of view... But it's YOUR car, don't listen to other people taste, do what YOU like

For the paint, I'm really not a fan of half done job, always look like shit, I'm sure you can install this yourself, but you better save your buck to get the look perfect the first time, in the long run you'll save money...

Cool. I agree on the paint. It's just an idea for now. I did find a pacesetter system for my car that should be active duals, but not true duals. It's similar to what you're talking about. Otherwise, I think I will still do the Olds vinyl, but I'm thinking about applying it to the body. I want the car to look sporty, not RICEY lol. This one is still up in the air. Thanks for your input!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't do the sticker. Especially if all it says is OLDSMOBILE or ALERO. Those are for retards who can't identify their own car. If you have a windshield banner it better be something to represent a part on your car or company that supports you (like mine was Speed Industry for the longest time).

Dual exhaust tips are fine.

It may only cost you $300-400 to paint the body kit. I had a local guy paint mine in his paint booth he had set up in his garage and it was fine. I'm sure you could have Maaco do the kit itself really cheap and you really can't screw it up.. so I wouldn't worry as long as they have good painters there.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote