Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 01-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
Brett
GX Member

Brett is on a distinguished road
Tires

In the spring I'm likely due for new tires.

Was thinking bf good radial t/a white letter OUT.

Look silly or different enough to warrant a look?
Old 01-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
If you have the 15 inch 6 star wheels, go for it. Otherwise, no

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
I would not, that's me though....

These are the one's Im going to give a try with this year:

http://www.dunloptires.com/dunlop/di...00000&zipCode=

Last edited by MMGT1 : 01-17-2012 at 06:58 PM.
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
In the spring I'm likely due for new tires.

Was thinking bf good radial t/a white letter OUT.

Look silly or different enough to warrant a look?

It all depends on your driving style and what weather conditions are. What size are you looking for?
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #5
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Redog: If you have the 15 inch 6 star wheels, go for it. Otherwise, no

I completely agree with you, only I would also add that the alero should be a 2 door so it looks okay. Four door Alero with white letter tires, imho, would not look good.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
Brett
GX Member

On day to day driving, I'm never really doing anything that warrants anything spectacular.

Basically, 90% of my driving is highway driving at 100+km/h. I do very little city driving. I used to drive these tires on my old car and was a big fan of the RWL, and the fact that they wore like iron (even through smokeouts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley olds View Post
I completely agree with you, only I would also add that the alero should be a 2 door so it looks okay. Four door Alero with white letter tires, imho, would not look good.

Totally 2door. You can see "The Beast" (Princess) here - http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35310

I don't have the 6star rims (though I'd like to at one point...) but I was thinking the RWL might simply go with the colour of the car, due to the gunmetal grey. I couldn't see doing it on a white car.

Last edited by Brett : 01-17-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #7
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
There was a member that did RWL tires on a hubcuap car and it looked horrible. He did also buy some flame stickers at the local autoparts store and slapped them on

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 01-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #8
Brett
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
... He did also buy some flame stickers at the local autoparts store and slapped them on

Wait.
WAIT.

Flame stickers ain't cool?

I knowwwwww it might not look as good on the 6 stars as the hubbies, but finding the rims at the same time as convincing the wife the car needs new tires is more difficult than getting the tires then getting the rims when she lets me spend the $$$.

Sure... I COULD get the same tire and turn the RWL in... but I heard somewhere shops charge more to install those?
Old 01-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #9
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Different car I know but I'm really kicking around the idea of RWL tires on my Delta with the wire wheel covers. Seen a few older cars with that combo and it looks pretty cool, but then again, there are older cars we are talking about.

On rims, it looks cool, no doubt

www.facebook.com/kb0177