Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 05-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #21
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
fine then.

eff you for NOT changing your piping to make it more streamline and performance oriented.

more bends = more turbulent air flow. I guarantee that if your battery was relocated, even being in the trunk, that your electrical signals will travel faster then the air in your intake. Not moving your battery because your stubborn and lazy makes less sense then it does to relocate it.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #22
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Once you get different intake manifold the plumbing of the pipe will just flow with it.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #23
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
The pipe directly off the turbo looks like it's squat.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #24
leoalero
GX Member

leoalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to leoalero
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
The HO manifold (or a custom) will be coming soon... and the straight pipe is awesome. Less bends, less pipe. Straight and clean, none of this million angle bullshit. All business.

So you'd rather it have 3 more bends to make it snake around the battery instead of going directly do the hole down?

Also I ran it open downpipe until I was able to get to Midas so they could weld the rest of the exhaust to it. Shit was LOUD. I sounded like a semi. Now it's super quiet... quieter than when it had the supercharger. And I even cut off the cat. When the wastegate opens it's loud like the open downpipe again. I'm going to have it routed to the exhaust, I hate the sound of atmospheric dump.

do you have pics of the downpipe??
leoalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #25
itsbmw

Nice Help me supercharge my GP
Old 05-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #26
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post
Once you get different intake manifold the plumbing of the pipe will just flow with it.
Indeed. Then the piping will be nicely curved around the battery. For the manifold have now, and what I want, this is the best option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadus101 View Post
The pipe directly off the turbo looks like it's squat.
It's cut weird. I need to get a new black one anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaSmurf View Post
Chris,
I think that the piping is fine, it is more THERE because of performance than looks. What if you were to do an anoidized red pipe?
That's right, I'm wasn't concerned with visuals however almost everyone I know loves the way the pipes are (and Jan suggested it) and I wasn't about to wait even longer to get my car back so we could order some more pipes just to satisfy someone's love for unnecessary bends. I don't really like powdercoated charge piping. The polished is fine for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoalero View Post
do you have pics of the downpipe??
I'll take some some other time... I was more concerned with getting my car running than taking pictures as Jan stayed past the shop closing hour of 10PM and stayed with me until it was completed at 4AM.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #27
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
Looks awesome man. Glad everything is coming along great.
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #28
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
gimme less bends, or give me DEATH!
Old 05-09-2009, 11:15 PM   #29
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Dude with or without the battery there, it's going the same direction, the pipe would just be angled downward... I tend to like everything straight and clean...
Old 05-09-2009, 11:21 PM   #30
cherrington17
Gone

your engine... looks like a windows 98 screensaver.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #31
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
your engine... looks like a windows 98 screensaver.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:25 PM   #32
[ion] C2
636 whp

gtfo my thread

Old 05-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #33
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
Quote:

heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #34
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:32 PM   #35
itsbmw

Oh god. not that screensaver

/self
Old 05-09-2009, 11:35 PM   #36
cherrington17
Gone

Quote:
gtfo my thread

even you can't deny that was a good burn...

i'm done. hope you can get this one tuned/running better then the last one.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:53 PM   #37
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
C2 this might be a dumb question on my part, but if the BOV won't kick, what size spring is in it (4psi, 6psi, 8psi, etc) vs. how much boost are you pushing? when I put mine together, same problem before I realized I had a 12psi spring in there and was only running 8psi boost.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #38
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yes, I discovered this BOV is designed for HIGH boost, lol. Supposedly all I need to do is remove one of the springs (It has 2 inside it) and it'll work great. I'll do that when I get back from Texas on Wednesday.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:19 AM   #39
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
I was thinking the same thing but wasnt sure
Old 05-10-2009, 02:00 AM   #40
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Looks good

I'm not really a big fan of the pipe over the battery, but I like that it's a straight pipe instead of bending around the battery like mine. You could always turn the battery 90° and move it back to where the stock airbox was, then drop the charge pipe down a little. That would clean it up and make it look better. I do like the overall look of everything though.

The BOV...I know you were on a limited budget, but you would've been better of with an authentic valve instead of an eBay special. You probably wouldn't be having problems if you did. I'm sure you'll figure it out though.

Get an intake pipe and air filter on that thing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
C2 this might be a dumb question on my part, but if the BOV won't kick, what size spring is in it (4psi, 6psi, 8psi, etc) vs. how much boost are you pushing? when I put mine together, same problem before I realized I had a 12psi spring in there and was only running 8psi boost.
Blow off valves don't have springs set for certain boost pressures like in a wastegate. That's what the screw on top of an adjustable valve is for, to tighten it down if boost pressure is pushing the valve open. I've seen the Tial valves that have different springs you can choose from, but those are based on how much vacuum the engine pulls.