Old 01-27-2010, 10:59 AM   #21
a4d2a0m
GL Member

a4d2a0m is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
seems like someone is getting angry....

... j/k

Seriously tho... also check your pressure tank for any hairline cracks, I just replace the one in my grand am.

Last edited by a4d2a0m : 04-06-2010 at 11:21 AM.
a4d2a0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:10 AM   #22
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
Double Postinz, i'm gonna put in a new thermie today... sick of this crap, it seems to point all to that...
good luck just get an whole new coolant system or drive the blue alero that you have.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.

Last edited by JLw7123 : 01-27-2010 at 11:13 AM.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #23
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
....found the leak, the hard way, was going to AZ to get mah shit, to do the thermo... and came out of a stoplight kinda hard.... pop, white smoke...well, the LIM bypass line was the leak, but the culprit for the air getting back into the system was the heater core outlet... that metal line blew out of the LIM, and made a nice smokeshow, no damage done, i shut it right off, never even went past 1/2... and it's fixed (i forgot a nut lol)
Nate's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #24
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
nice do not forget the nut this time.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #25
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post

it's already in lol
Old 01-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #26
sMarty1993
GX Member

sMarty1993 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sMarty1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post

that is what she said.
sMarty1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #27
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Fixed, found two small leaks, and a semi large one, cleaned the entire system, fixed my high speed fan, and put in a new thermostat, all set now
Old 01-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #28
Caboose73

So you dont need my radiator now? cause i really wish you would make up your mind.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:12 PM   #29
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose73 View Post
So you dont need my radiator now? cause i really wish you would make up your mind.

we will need to see alright? the temp still runs high, but i think it's my needle... i'll need to recalibrate it, and see, does NOT overheat anymore, it goes to about 1/2 way between 1/2 and 3/4th, and stays... but it runs at 1/2...wierd eh?
Old 01-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #30
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
make him buy it anyway...

btw nate.. where is my FPR!?!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #31
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post

btw nate.. where is my FPR!?!

dunno, shipped it ton tuesday, should be there by now, will get you tracking number ASAP
Old 01-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #32
sMarty1993
GX Member

sMarty1993 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sMarty1993
i recently bought a new radiator
at first i thought it was the tstat. so i changed that.
nope
then i thought intake mani. part of the problem.
still overheating though.
new radiator fixed it.
sMarty1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #33
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

you'd never believe the crud that came out with the radflush... i was retching at the smell as well... soing great now, will NOT get hot at al, even if i try, gets to like 215, and won't get any hotter, strange eh?

al new hoses, new water pump, new Headgaskets and LIMG, cleaned and blown Heater core, new tstat, cleaned entire system with a backflush T and radflush
Old 01-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #34
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

wow nice for once the car is not over heating. glad you fixed it now do not drill any holes in this thermostat.