Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 03-16-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Cooling System Questions

Ever since Jan, when i did my Headgaskets, (bank 2 cyl 2 and Bank 1 cyl 3) were leaking, i have had this odd issue, the car never heats over, but it seems like whenever i WOT, i blow a hose off, it's never a bypass hose, main hose or surge tank hose, it's ALWAYS the heater core hoses... i know i do not have any leaks, and i know my heads are golden, and so is my LIMG, coolant is crystal clear and looks like fresh martian piss... so what the hell? my hoses are usually semi hard, but i can ususally make the sides touch each other, but it DOES have pressure... so i don't know why this is doing this? any ideas?
Old 03-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
low flow condition in your heater core causing a backup of pressure?

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
makes way too much sense
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #4
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
heat is AMAZING, don't know why that would be it.... getting me mad though, saw the hose coming back off
Old 03-17-2010, 12:42 AM   #5
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

i bet its clogged with dex-crap!

Old 03-17-2010, 12:43 AM   #6
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdgeofSanity View Post
i bet its clogged with dex-crap!

oh god that'd be hilarious
Old 03-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #7
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

i run green... lol i'll blow it out then and get back to you
Old 03-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #8
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

over on the bonneville forum, they have major issues with heater cores clogging with dex-cool. same issue with many s-10 truck and blazer owners!

Old 03-18-2010, 01:19 AM   #9
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
I know with the S-Trucks that issue is because the heater core is pretty well the highest point in the system so that's the place the air pockets will be. That happens if the radiator cap isn't good.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:39 AM   #10
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

cap is new... but my heat is like EXCELLENT, like make my vents soft excellent... how could it be clogged?
Old 03-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #11
Runaboveit
GX Member

Runaboveit is on a distinguished road
Where do the heater hoses become disconnected at? The pipes or the heater core itself?

miles as of 04/23/10
Runaboveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #12
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runaboveit View Post
Where do the heater hoses become disconnected at? The pipes or the heater core itself?

where the disconnect used to be (hacked it off and put a clamp there, the disconnect broke)
Old 03-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #13
Runaboveit
GX Member

the hose could be deterioriating where it sits around the pipe, and becoming too soft to keep a good seal with your clamp. and making it slide off under sudden coolant pressure.

I would recomend a new hose & clamp. Or IMO a new hose, clamp, and replace the 8 dollar quick connector that should be there. You can get that from nearly any auto store. It helps keep a tight seal and insulates the heater hose from direct contact with that hot ass pipe.

miles as of 04/23/10
Old 03-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #14
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runaboveit View Post
the hose could be deterioriating where it sits around the pipe, and becoming too soft to keep a good seal with your clamp. and making it slide off under sudden coolant pressure.

I would recomend a new hose & clamp. Or IMO a new hose, clamp, and replace the 8 dollar quick connector that should be there. You can get that from nearly any auto store. It helps keep a tight seal and insulates the heater hose from direct contact with that hot ass pipe.

meh, i s'pose you're right
Old 03-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #15
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
your water pump is shot and it is not circulating the coolant correctly and causing an unusual amount of pressure to build up an air pocket in your coolant system?

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #16
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
your water pump is shot and it is not circulating the coolant correctly and causing an unusual amount of pressure to build up an air pocket in your coolant system?

and the water pump is new and there is NO air in my cooling system?
Old 03-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #17
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
how is the hose coming off if it is clamped on then? obviously there is a pressure buildup in the lines

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #18
Runaboveit
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
how is the hose coming off if it is clamped on then? obviously there is a pressure buildup in the lines

From the coolant being rushed through the engine. When you hit the gas that spins the water pump faster to keep up with the increased heat being caused inside the engine from reving it. Hot coolant being rushed through rubber hoses. If you don't have a secure connection it will blow off from the force of the coolant slamming through it, especially at WOT.

I too had my connector break and upon testing for leaks did a WOT and my hose slipped. Clamped it for a while super tight, until it started leaking and sliding, and then put a new connector on it and havent had an issue yet.

Just my .02

miles as of 04/23/10

Last edited by Runaboveit : 03-20-2010 at 12:15 PM.