Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 03-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #161
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbar71 View Post
You have to be pissed off by now :P

Well all engine builds or rebuilds do not always come out perfect the first time. Sometimes there are opsticles that that you have to go through it is not always fun. Once everything is complete and u do the starting procedures and then start the engine it make you happy.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #162
rfcrime
GX Member

rfcrime is on a distinguished road
High Output

Hello, first post. I was wondering if your engine is completely different from mine or if that "high output" case came from somewhere else? cause mines plain as hell.
rfcrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #163
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
It's a custom cover made from cutting and welding an old 2.3L High Output Quad 4 engine cover to a 2.4L Twin Cam engine cover.

And although our engines started as the same, mine is definitely "completely different" than yours in the fact that it's bored out and built with forged components and different camshafts, custom intake manifold, custom exhaust manifold, and a large turbocharger.

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #164
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Disassembled and reassembled. All it needs is new oil and it can be started up, and then check trans fluid level on hoist.

Shop's closed til Monday.

Funny Stuff
I pretty much found out all I really needed to do was re-torque the cam tower bolts, as some were freaking finger loose.. but I figured what the hell and changed them completely so I would know for sure, and I torqued them all down with a digital Snap-On torque wrench to exact specifications. Definitely felt a lot tighter than I guess-tightened them to before. The timing chain housing also fit much better this time around.. it didn't feel like it was trying to stretch to bolt to the block and the cam towers, which makes sense now.

Also, I don't get it but my charge piping doesn't clear the hood anymore (the first downward bend between the coolant tank and engine) for some reason. So dumb. Gotta figure out a way to make it fit on Monday/Tuesday.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #165
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Its Monday!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #166
[ion] C2
636 whp

I have work and school today, and it makes more sense to just make the trip out there tomorrow on my day off so I can change the oil and get the trans fluid level set and then be able to drive it around for however long I want without having to rush to a destination.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #167
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
It's Tuesday!
Old 03-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #168
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
lol wutermelon

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #169
[ion] C2
636 whp

Battery was too dead to crank the car over much so I had to charge it a bit. Meanwhile I installed the side skirts guiguilandry sent me. Did an oil change and fixed the charge pipe (was backwards, which is why it wouldn't clear the hood).

Started it up. Had a minor trans fluid leak at the top fitting but was immediately fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling with extra care to seat the flare. No apparent oil/coolant leaks.

Car runs cooler than it ever has. Drove it around a bit today, seems good to go. Really peppy. Lots of vibration I forgot about. Will drive it home sometime this week.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #170
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
beautiful. good to see its back in action!

now if i can just get my car back.....

*love the license plate, Chris!.*
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #171
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
*love the license plate, Chris!.*
yeah it's gonna be hilarious once it's broken in and i can have some fun with the exhaust open and making full power
Old 03-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #172
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
yeah it's gonna be hilarious once it's broken in and i can have some fun with the exhaust open and making full power

yeah i bet lol, i cant wait to have a turbo'd 3.4... then ill be able to have as much fun as you do. haha and i plan on getting a custom plate as well.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 03-27-2012 at 11:42 PM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:16 AM   #173
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Battery was too dead to crank the car over much so I had to charge it a bit. Meanwhile I installed the side skirts guiguilandry sent me. Did an oil change and fixed the charge pipe (was backwards, which is why it wouldn't clear the hood).

Started it up. Had a minor trans fluid leak at the top fitting but was immediately fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling with extra care to seat the flare. No apparent oil/coolant leaks.

Car runs cooler than it ever has. Drove it around a bit today, seems good to go. Really peppy. Lots of vibration I forgot about. Will drive it home sometime this week.

Looking better than ever, there.

I got down to the shop last week for a test drive on mine, the tranny was totally rebuilt with stronger parts, etc. So what happens? no 2nd and 4th gear lol. So the wrong harness or something was put in, and the tranny has to come out again. I'm not in a hurry for it now, though, lots of other sub-projects going on.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #174
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
All that work and you still have rear-quarter panel rust? lol im jk, looks friggin mean.

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #175
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2
Lots of vibration I forgot about.

Clarify please
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #176
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2
Lots of vibration I forgot about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy View Post
Clarify please
The car vibrates at idle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubbz View Post
All that work and you still have rear-quarter panel rust? lol im jk, looks friggin mean.
yeah, it was a time for mechanical work, not body. more important to me that it functions properly than how good it looks. body work/general reliability maintenance is next.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #177
falloutboy
GL Member

Quote:
The car vibrates at idle.
A little bit more detail would be helpful
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
Old 03-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #178
[ion] C2
636 whp

There is no more detail, lol. My car vibrates. I have urethane in my transmission mount making the engine stiffer in the engine bay, which means I can feel the engine more.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #179
falloutboy
GL Member

but you had in there before you tear it apart, didn't you?
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
Old 03-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #180
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yeah. I also haven't driven it in 5 months so I'm not used to it. lol