Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #21
C.CLARK33
GX Member

C.CLARK33 is on a distinguished road
I had a mech. replace my gaskets also, in his expierence he said its goin to happen again if u used the standard gaskets 3.4 are known to leak there.He made that point after he had finished mine and still used the same gaskets now its leaking again.
C.CLARK33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #22
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
This thread is so full of fail.. with the exception of kyle and chris

SCRUBBBS

how much boost can I run? What size turbo are you going to run is a better question... anyways your transmission will give out before the engine does so I would swap one first..

Your so far from understanding the basic concepts of turbocharging an engine. I would get a book and read it all... I would recommend "Maximum Boost: Designing, Testing, and Installing Turbocharger Systems (Engineering and Performance) by Corky Bell"

Read the whole book and actually understand it. than look into things like tuning theory. It's not something you can just toss on its a commitment. If you don't have a secondary car I would figure out that first. cause your car is going to be down at least a few days once you get everything.
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:00 PM   #23
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
This thread is so full of fail.. with the exception of kyle and chris

SCRUBBBS

Calm down whore....you were a "scrub" at one point. Remember the door panel thread? I've seen plenty of "fail" come from you too.... we wont go there though.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #24
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
I personally recommend Supercharged by Corky Bell......

Old 04-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #25
AZFire316
GL Member

AZFire316 is on a distinguished road
amount of "boost" is irrelavent, its not the boost that wrecks the engine, its the power being made. The correct question should be what power level can the engine handle? For the LA1 I honestly dont know, the L61 can handle 250WHP safely, 300 with a perfectly and I mean perfectly dialed in tune, any slip up on the tune, its over.
AZFire316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #26
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
The LA1 is fairly similar, it can handle 250whp no problem, and 300+ with a good tune. My setup made 281whp and was good through a couple transmissions until I was impatient going to work in the morning and melted the top of a piston.....lol
Old 04-16-2011, 10:27 PM   #27
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
My setup made 281whp and was good through a couple transmissionsl

Why I will never really do anything major to mine.. You end up paying more replacing OEM parts that break than you do on your setup haha
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote