Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 02-06-2007, 07:27 AM   #1
Ghadsphi
The Drunk

Ghadsphi is an unknown quantity at this point
Cai piping before the filter?

What would be the drawbacks/befits of basically piping Cold air straight onto the stock air filter?
I know first off most the air would get heated more after extended drives. It would make NO befifit if you're not moving, but say for a 10 mile drive to work wouldn't that be an improvement?
Plus are there any benifits to piping more air into the engine compartment (so long as you can vent it)? Or does the drag by these noobie ideas outweigh the gain?
Ghadsphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:13 AM   #2
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
i dont understand what your saying...if your installing a cai, you have to remove your stock air box.....and then the stock air filter inside the air box will not fit onto the end of the CAI pipe...

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:04 AM   #3
Ghadsphi
The Drunk

Say, you cut the distance of the airbox off the CAI and didn't bother to add a filter to end of the CAI... Or as an alternative option basically pipe induced air straight over the 50 state legal air filter, (sucks I'm the 50th state). I haven't seen a CAI yet rated 50 state legal. Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough, but by god it doesn't say I can't find a way to induce cold air through that filter... Well that's my idea anyway...
Old 02-06-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
I think you have thought way too hard on air induction. You are trying to kill a fly with a cannon. Just buy a cold air intake and you will have what is best suited for an upgrade.
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #5
Ghadsphi
The Drunk

Sorry it's the Californian way, we have the giant monster meat machine as a governer...on cruches... Probably the only politician to claim work comp for someone not trying to kill them.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:01 PM   #6
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
I get what/why you are trying to go this way but I gotta agree with AGT on this one.
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:14 PM   #7
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

sorrowfulkiller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via MSN to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via Yahoo to sorrowfulkiller
Can't you just get a damn K&N filter that's legal in cali?
sorrowfulkiller is offline   Reply With Quote