Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 05-01-2009, 01:18 AM   #1
Ghadsphi
The Drunk

Ghadsphi is an unknown quantity at this point
Are the unused fuses wired into the fuse box?

This question is mostly for Cherry since I would guess by now he's wondered. But are Unused fuses wired into the fuse box. Since I don't have a lot of older stock options I have like 5-10 "unused" fuses. I'm sure most people without a sunroof have at least one, Are they hot?
Old 05-01-2009, 02:09 AM   #2
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
If they were hot, Wouldn't they be used fuses?
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:15 AM   #3
Ghadsphi
The Drunk

Ghadsphi is an unknown quantity at this point
Not in my idealogy... ABS, TracControl? I don't have them, but it makes sense to wire them in for the techs to just install to the fuse box and save money on the differentiation.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
if you look into the empty fuse spot and you see two metal slots where the fuse blades would slide into then there hot if the metal slots arent there and you just see plastic then they are not hooked to anything
alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
"unused" fuses... are.... unused.

remove if you want. they are utterly pointless.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #6
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Thats something I was wondering also. its just like under my driver's side seat, if I remember correctly, there are wires that are not plugged which I presume would be used for a potential power seat. I haven't made any extensive search, but I presume those wires have a fuse somewhere that is obviously "unused" because I dont have power seats.

Or maybe one fuse is used for the seats and something else. I'm sooo good at wiring ... not
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #7
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
double check the fuse location though. if there is a seemingly unused fuse in a spot... something else might be running off that location too.

like power seats. i don't think they have a proprietary fuse. they share something else.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
He's trying to find if the unused fuses are actually wired up. Like do they have power going to them. So if you used a fuse tap you could power whatever 12 volt device you want to wire up in the car.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #9
cherrington17
Gone

in that case... pull the fuse, and put a multimeter into the socket... then touch the other meter lead, to any grounded metal. if you have 12V... then its active.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #10
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmmmm
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #11
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
To answer the question there should be power running to the unused fuse slots....for example if you don't have a sunroof, and there is a fuse spot for it it should be hot...this is how I have my overhead TV running.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #12
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
the sunroof one is whether you have a sunroof or not, i take advantage of it and use if for my headunit
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote