Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 05-24-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
Ghadsphi
The Drunk

Ghadsphi is an unknown quantity at this point
Today I decided I would paint the calipers so I jacked her up, took off her front wheels and started cleaning. It's starting to look like if I really want to do a decent paint job on them I'm going to have to remove the calipers. I figure if I'm going to go that far I may as well put on the new rotors and brake pads while I'm at it since I already have them. Now I have some anti squeal compound but I don't have any High temp grease so I'm going to run out and get some in a little while. I've also kinda knocked around every little rubber piece on the caliper while I was scrubbing away, and probably sprayed brake cleaner into every nook and cranny... Is that going to effect anything? Anything else I'm going to need before the shops close?
Old 05-25-2006, 06:07 PM   #2
Ghadsphi
The Drunk

I'm an idiot, I just thought I would clarify that first off. I got everything put back togather, it looks pretty good and seems to brake, still need to let the paint sit for another 13 hours before driving it. But I rolled it down the driveway and back up. I really should have just taken the calipers off to clean them. Probably would have saved some time and been easier to just bleed the brakes after. I learned a very important lesson though. Always wear eye protection, cuz brake cleaner hurts like a mofo when it gets in your eye. That'll teach me. Hopefully all is good.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:12 PM   #3
Thrawn

Ouch dude :o
Old 05-26-2006, 12:22 AM   #4
Ghadsphi
The Drunk

Well I took her out for a little drive. Not sure if it was good. I got a lot of groaning when stopped. It didn't sound bad till it actually came to a full stop. Then after a couple blocks I got a kind of weird noise while I was driving, sounded like something was off center. I slowed her down, it stopped. It stopped making the noise when I came to a full stop. I'm wondering if it might just be the new rotors settling. Should I pull the wheels off and check everything again?