Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 04-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
WorkAlero
GX Member

WorkAlero is on a distinguished road
Interior paint code?

I couldn't find what I was looking for after using the search button. What I'm looking for is a paint code or a matching aftermarket paint for the painted or molded plastic parts of the interior. What I really need is to refinish the defroster molding that rests between the dashboard and the windshield. I took mine out today and it is very discolored. I have a newer dash panel that I purchased on Ebay and I want the two to look at least somewhat close once I get the dash cover in place. My dash is peeling terribly. I know that there's a company that makes rattle cans for painting bumpers and other plastic parts OEM colors(not sure about the name, SEM maybe). Does anyone have a clue what I'm looking for?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
WorkAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
I know what you need, but where to find it is escaping me. I have seen paint websites that have interior color-match paints though.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
it is the biggest pain in the balls to try to match interior colors why??? well becasue wonderfull gm doesnt give you a paint code to go off of so we have to look in our books and match it off our ppg book
interior paint is also applied at degrees of gloss from 5%-15%, the sem stuff is decent but to make it look correct a shop would have to match the degree of gloss

here is the correct way to prep interior parts
wash with warm soapy water
scuff with grey scuff pad
wipe down with dx 330
then apply base coat, no clear needed as interior base coat does not need a uv protection

thats it boom done!!
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
WorkAlero
GX Member

WorkAlero is on a distinguished road
Thanks bdyman. I'll use your advice when I prep the molding for paint. I took a look on SEM's website and I think I found a close match. I'll include the color chart link below. Towards the bottom of the color chart there's a color called Med. Dk. Pewter (15813). Now I just have to find where I can buy it.

http://semproducts.com/images/Users/...0CC%202008.pdf

Last edited by WorkAlero : 04-26-2009 at 05:24 PM.
WorkAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #5
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
you can buy that stuff at your local body shop supplier
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote