Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

View Poll Results: When should i drop the engine in?
As soon as i get it 33 55.00%
Wait till spring/end of snow 27 45.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #81
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Huh? You used silicone to seal a coolant leak?
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #82
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
car looks great after all the work it took.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #83
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
lol you know nate dont you?

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #84
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose73 View Post
ya the leak is fixed for now and its all set we got the axle in around 1130 but i didnt drive it home cause of all the snow.

did you use the Triangle file? were the splines that bad?
Old 12-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #85
Caboose73

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post

ya it was just a temp fix to stop the leak long enough to do the first engine break in im fixing the leak tomorrow.Ya nate we had to go in with a file and fix all the splines but it work now so its all set.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #86
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose73 View Post
ya it was just a temp fix to stop the leak long enough to do the first engine break in im fixing the leak tomorrow.Ya nate we had to go in with a file and fix all the splines but it work now so its all set.

sorry 'bout that
Old 12-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #87
Caboose73

The engine assploded on the highway im talking to OEM now to see whats going to happen ill keep you guys posted
Old 12-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #88
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

jesus... i've been in on this as we went... no one really knows what happened... Knock Knock Knock BOOM
Old 12-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #89
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
maybe it was a silicone....lol..........seriously though that sucks dude?
Old 12-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #90
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post

when it was the first start.... it ran SO good
Old 12-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #91
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
hmmm.......interesting, guess i'll have to wait for hime to tear it apart to hear what happened.......seriously that sucks.....if that happens to me when i put my boosted motor in, or if something happens to the 5 speed when i am first driving it, i might just coast it off a cliff with me in it.....
Old 12-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #92
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Meh..
Old 12-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #93
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Mark's losing his touch
Old 12-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #94
Caboose73

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post

no lol the silicon was on the outside of the piece just to stop the leak long enough for me to get the o ring but were working on finding out what happened
Old 12-08-2009, 07:02 PM   #95
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
How many quarts of oil did you pour?

And how fast were you running it before a tune?

Valves hit the pistons or the oil pump gave out.
DOHC_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #96
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yeah you check your oil level since the event? Maybe you dumped it all over the road.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #97
Caboose73

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post
How many quarts of oil did you pour?

And how fast were you running it before a tune?

Valves hit the pistons or the oil pump gave out.

6 and i was going like 45ish at like 1.5-2k i was getting off the highway and it blew.I never went above 3k and the car only had 30.3 miles on it.The coolant res is empty and there is no oil on the dip stick just metal shavings.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #98
zoL
Premier V.I.P. Member

zoL is on a distinguished road
I blame Nate.

"If the author of the Declaration of Independence were to utter such a sentiment today, the Post Office Department could exclude him from the mail, grand juries could indict him for sedition and criminal syndicalism, legislative committees could seize his private papers ... and United States Senators would be clamoring for his deportation that he... should be sent back to live with the rest of the terrorists." - Frank I. Cobb
zoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #99
[ion] C2
636 whp

Damn.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:05 PM   #100
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoL View Post
I blame Nate.

i blame you for blaming me