Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 11-27-2016, 06:43 PM   #1
kbubb91
GX Member

kbubb91 is on a distinguished road
i bought the ECO nitro OBD2 plug in

so it came in the mail on friday, i plugged it in, the alero likes it. if anything i feel like i have a ECU upgrade cause the alero CPU is so basic and weak. anyways still waiting for those fuse kits to come in so i can replace all of my fuses. i will keep you posted on if i get more MPG. its to early to tell that yet. just saying the alero itself has no problems with the device. i bought it for $3.50.
ps-if it works, i should see 31MPG, the highest i ever got was 29.2(miles driven/gallons pumped)

http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1UztNM...Tuning-Box.jpg

Last edited by kbubb91 : 11-28-2016 at 05:20 PM.
kbubb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:43 PM   #2
kbubb91
GX Member

UPDATE: i would actually say it works, before installation i got about 26-27MPG and now i got 29.1 MPG...in the winter...with no snow tires. i usually don't see over 28MPG in the winter and only in the summer do i get really good gas mileage.
the fact i got 29.1 when im not expecting to get over 28MPG is great.

now mind you i been sitting in traffic, short 5 mile hops and not exactly driving 200 miles in a row on a thruway.

biggest thing i notice is the engine braking is increased yet the car coasts like normal.

Last edited by kbubb91 : 11-30-2016 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:54 PM   #3
kbubb91
GX Member

another tank of gas at 29.3MPG, would say it works on an alero
Old 12-11-2016, 12:06 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
My Alero PCM isn't too basic and weak. You need HPTuners which is software and an interface to modify the data in the computer. It takes time and effort to decode all the tables and open them up for modification, it also takes skill and tuning understanding to safely and effectively make changes that matter.

Certainly not something that a generic plug-in can do without any knowledge of the vehicle it's being plugged into. Tunes are very specific.
http://obd2scanner.co/new-obd2-chip-...ution-advised/

Also what fuse kits are you talking about? Why are you replacing all your fuses?
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 02:03 PM   #5
kbubb91
GX Member

all this device does is increase the engine braking, that all i can note, if im coasting the rpm's drop almost immediately to 1.5 or lower where before it would stay at 2.5 rpms for a few seconds before dropping. this device WILL NOT HELP YOU if your doing 80mph on the thruway.

my car is 13-14 years old with probably a lot of the fuses factory stock. im replacing every mini and max fuse in my car cause all of them are corroded as fu*ck. i already did that project and a lot of the fuses were so corroded that there was no more silver finish to them

Last edited by kbubb91 : 12-11-2016 at 02:11 PM.