Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-18-2004, 12:09 AM   #1
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
hey i have the 2002 3.4 and i just installed the casper high speed fan switch, i plugged everything up exactly as instructed, and for no reason, whenever i flip the switch to manually turn o nthe cooling fans, the LED light starts to blink but the fans dont even bother to spin.............wtf is going on!? ive checked all my connections and they are exact! and in place. it obviously has positive and negetive if the LED light is blinking. its just the fans wont spin at all issed:
Old 11-18-2004, 12:11 AM   #2
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
Bad relay? Weak battery?
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 12:12 AM   #3
-Alero-
GLS member

battery is putting out 15 volts, on my voltmeter, and i dont know anything about a relay
Old 11-18-2004, 12:13 AM   #4
-Alero-
GLS member

ive tryed everything, ive started the car, ive tryed turning it on or off with the A/C on, ive tryed everything..........it just doesnt spin the fans when you flip the switch! god wtf issed:
Old 11-18-2004, 09:38 AM   #5
sc/alero

i had the same problem with mine it kept blowing the fuse which should be a 30 amp fuse. then my ground was not good enough. the light would blink but nothing would happen. try those see if that helps.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:48 PM   #6
-Alero-
GLS member

alright i'll give it a shot
Old 11-18-2004, 09:54 PM   #7
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
yea, sounds like a bad ground to me as well.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:09 PM   #8
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by sc/alero@Nov 18 2004, 10:38 AM
i had the same problem with mine it kept blowing the fuse which should be a 30 amp fuse. then my ground was not good enough. the light would blink but nothing would happen. try those see if that helps.
dude...................3 words; I Love You!

you were exactly right! i pulled that 30a fuse out, and there was a huge gap in the middle and i said to myself, that doesnt seem normal, so i plug a new 30a fuse in, flip that switch, instant fan action! i was so happy! last night it was just pissing me off, and now that i fixed it and now its working, im happy as hell! thank you S/C.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Old 11-18-2004, 10:59 PM   #9
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Alot of trouble could have been saved if the fuse was checked. I would have also just took a ground wire and power wire and touched the battery to see if would turn on without the switch. I have wired 2 fans to switches in my brothers car's before and it is always a pain in the ass, but it is simple as splicing 1 wire to the power wire on the harness then to a switch and then a fuse then to a positive 12 volt source, so the fan can still turn its self on but you also have the switch to power the fans up whenever you want. 1 wire hook up simple as that I dont know why anyone would buy a kit to hook fans up.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:08 PM   #10
sc/alero

Quote:
Originally posted by Alero-+Nov 18 2004, 08:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (-Alero- @ Nov 18 2004, 08:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sc/alero@Nov 18 2004, 10:38 AM
dude...................3 words; I Love You!

you were exactly right! i pulled that 30a fuse out, and there was a huge gap in the middle and i said to myself, that doesnt seem normal, so i plug a new 30a fuse in, flip that switch, instant fan action! i was so happy! last night it was just pissing me off, and now that i fixed it and now its working, im happy as hell! thank you S/C.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: [/b][/quote]
no problem dude that is what the board is for.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:52 PM   #11
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by VTOLDS@Nov 18 2004, 11:59 PM
Alot of trouble could have been saved if the fuse was checked. I would have also just took a ground wire and power wire and touched the battery to see if would turn on without the switch. I have wired 2 fans to switches in my brothers car's before and it is always a pain in the ass, but it is simple as splicing 1 wire to the power wire on the harness then to a switch and then a fuse then to a positive 12 volt source, so the fan can still turn its self on but you also have the switch to power the fans up whenever you want. 1 wire hook up simple as that I dont know why anyone would buy a kit to hook fans up.
well the kit doesnt just come with a +, and - you can test out on your battery. it all has too be hooked up too work. and this kit will save you alot of trouble of "splicing this" wire and "splicing that" wire. its no guess and check thing, its plug and play, thats why we buy it
Old 11-19-2004, 08:01 AM   #12
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

My way still seems easier then rewiring the whole thing.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:08 PM   #13
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
Quote:
Originally posted by VTOLDS@Nov 19 2004, 07:01 AM
My way still seems easier then rewiring the whole thing.
Your way isn't possible. It is plug and play, no wiring involved. If you had taken the time to research the product, you would have known this. But seeing as you have a 4 banger, why would you take the time to research a product that is for the V6 only?
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:17 PM   #14
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

My way isnt possible? I have wired 2 cars the same way I just described, so it is very possible. And no one in this thread specified that it was a V6 only product and no I didn't do one bit of research becuase I have done this type of wiring Twice in the past once on a Hyundai S Coupe and on a Dodge Neon Comptetion Coupe.